Fair hourly rate in a LCOL area for Urgent Care Weekends and Holidays

I have a second interview coming up with an Urgent Care that I'm looking at working weekends and holidays for. I'd have no benefits, 401k, etc but I assume they are paying malpractice and they provide UpToDate.

I had another part time job doing Urgent care and Fast Track that paid $80/hr but that was an extension of my full time job and was SUPER easy. The full time family practice pay us $55/hr

They told me in the first interview, I'm required to see 4 pts an hour or 48 per 12 hour shift.

What's the lowest hourly rate you would accept and if your arm is twisted to give a number, what do you throw out?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4/hr is too much. 2-3 is much more reasonable. you can't do good care at 4/hr if you are doing anything more than UTIs and colds. If you have to wait on an xray or do a procedure, your stats are shot for the day. If the coverage is only weekends/holidays I would not take less than $75/hr.

4/hr is too much. 2-3 is much more reasonable. you can't do good care at 4/hr if you are doing anything more than UTIs and colds. If you have to wait on an xray or do a procedure, your stats are shot for the day. If the coverage is only weekends/holidays I would not take less than $75/hr.

Someone forgot to tell my second/last ED group that. I was seeing 3.4/hr, including suturing, self-splinting in some cases, and typing non-formatted discharge instructions.

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

Someone forgot to tell my second/last ED group that. I was seeing 3.4/hr, including suturing, self-splinting in some cases, and typing non-formatted discharge instructions.

I didn't say you couldn't do it, I said it was too much...

9 minutes ago, airslant said:

Maybe I'm naive on the 4/hr deal because I've never honestly had a quota but if I see more than 3 and less than 4 will it really matter? I know its a clinic by clinic question, but what are they going to do? Fire me from weekend and holidays?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

not give you a raise or production bonus more likely...I used to work at a place with a large RVU component to our pay. if you met the avg 2 ER Pts/hr you got an avg bonus. if you saw more, you got more. if you saw less, you got less. If you saw a lot less , you got no bonus. If you saw a lot less for several quarters, you got fired. There are ER groups that dd clinicain staff anytime the avg pts/he gets over 1.5. these are happy clinicians. Other places are happy to run you ragged. I can see 36-40+ in 12 hrs, but know I deliver much better care when I see less than 20. 

Archived