Hi everyone!

My name is Rachel and I am an upcoming PA student starting in May 2019 at USF's PA program in Tampa, Fl.

I got my clinical experience first working as an EMT for an ambulance company, but later switching to being a medical assistant for a private practice dermatology experience in Plant City, FL (about 30 min from Tampa). I gained such valuable knowledge from both jobs! I currently still work for the derm practice, but will be leaving when I attend PA school. I just wanted to reach out to the pre-PA community because I'm sure there are a number of you who are looking to get clinical experience, and I wanted to see about giving the opportunity to someone who could gain valuable experience from this position. and FYI you do not need a medical license for this job, they do on the job training. I work here with the doctor as well as the PA. 

If you're interested, let me know and I'm happy to answer any questions and put you in contact with my office manager. :)

Rachel

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Wallycj
      Good evening all,
      I am just starting out my career as a physician assistant. I have been in the military for 10 years as an active duty corpsman and I’m planning on doing 10 more as an officer and physician assistant and retiring. Whilst in, a goal is to attend an emergency medicine fellowship and get my doctorate. 

I have had the CIA and State department (US embassies) on my mind for a while now as career paths once I finish my time in the military. I am wondering if anybody has any input, personal experience, or recommendations for me. I have a pretty good understanding of how each system works. I am looking for more specific information, comparison of the two agencies, paths to build myself while still active duty, things to make myself more appealing, a way to get a foot in the door while I’m still in, a personal contact with experience. These kinds of things. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I appreciate any responses,
      Chris
    • By vkbrba
      Please help me make a complete list of Pros and Cons of being a PA vs Physician.

Pros___________________________________
      Physician Assistant:
      Shorter School Less expensive Work Life Balance Lateral movement in career Doctor:
      Greater Pay More Autonomy Cons__________________________________
      Physician Assistant:
      Lower Pay Less Autonomy Doctor: 
      Longer Training (residency) Limited to one medical specialty   

• By tenaya14
      Hi all, new here! Thanks in advance for the help! 
      I'm under the impression that you aren't supposed to include experience that you received academic credit for in the experience section. If that is the case, why is there a "received academic credit" option to select for experiences?
      From my previous healthcare degree, I did a number of internships and a residency program that I received academic credit for but on my transcript, it just says "internship hours" or "practicum hours" and provides no detail about the experience.
      Can I list the details of the experiences (as they were electives and unique to me rather than my academic program) and check the "received academic credit" box?
      For example, I elected to do an internship in a hospital in China and an integrative medicine residency program at a US hospital, I was credited "hours" from my graduate program, but there is no mention of the experiences on the transcripts. If I don't list them under experience, neither will be visible on my application. Do I just talk about them in my personal statement? What would you do in this situation?
      In general, I feel like I could use some guidance navigating CASPA with my unusual background (I have a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) and am lacking access to an advisor . Any recommended resources? 
      THANK YOU!!
    • By mattblair
      I am trying to decide whether or not to get certified in this and get PCE from it. I want to know if most schools accept this or if they don’t really care for it. Any feedback helps! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More