Chemistry courses

Hey guys,

For my undergrad degree, I had to take General Chemistry 1 and a survey course for non-chem majors titled Organic and Biological Chemistry. It was upper-division. The course covered both foundations of organic and biochem.

I'm wondering if I should take another chemistry course, and what course I should take. I know some schools require as much as 2 semesters of Gen Chem, 1 semester of organic chemistry, and 1 semester of biochemistry, and then some only require as little as 2 semesters of any chemistry. Could my survey course possibly satisfy prereq requirements for both biochem and organic chem, or only cover one, or neither? Where should I go from here in terms of chemistry?

Thanks.

Hey guys,
For my undergrad degree, I had to take General Chemistry 1 and a survey course for non-chem majors titled Organic and Biological Chemistry. It was upper-division. The course covered both foundations of organic and biochem.
I'm wondering if I should take another chemistry course, and what course I should take. I know some schools require as much as 2 semesters of Gen Chem, 1 semester of organic chemistry, and 1 semester of biochemistry, and then some only require as little as 2 semesters of any chemistry. Could my survey course possibly satisfy prereq requirements for both biochem and organic chem, or only cover one, or neither? Where should I go from here in terms of chemistry?
Thanks.

Check with the programs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest HopeToBePAC

Most schools do not accept "Survey" courses. However, as the person above said, check with the programs you plan to apply to. Just send a quick e-mail.

Archived