Should I email the schools that have me on their waitlist if I've been accepted elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, MT2PA said:

Email them.  If you know you won't attend them and they attempt to pull you from the waitlist in the future you're just slowing down the process of them offering an acceptance to someone else who will attend.

True. I'll probably email them next month after I get all my affairs in order with my program.

• Administrator

I would actually consider graduated waitlist removal.  If you're on 7 waitlists, would you REALLY go to any one of them, or are there one or more where you'd prefer to wait another cycle rather than go there if they were the only places you cleared the waitlist?  If so, notify them immediately.

Otherwise, what are you expecting to happen that will take you our of your first choice school, that wouldn't take you out of ANY PA school for the upcoming year?  Pretty limited number of things that I can think of...  If so, just go ahead and notify immediately once you have the acceptance.

Archived