Class 2013

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, just talked to Barb, they haven't started interviewing/offering interviews yet. But I guess they gave Dr. Hakemi a bunch of apps to sort though so she thinks in about two weeks or so we should be getting phone calls! They're a little behind this year because of processing changes which stinks because I'm so anxious to interview there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm in the Class of 2012 and just wanted to let you know that I completely understand how you feel as I went thought this process last year AND the year before! I know it's extremely hard but just be as patient as you can be. PA week was just a week and a half ago and the MAPA conference was just this past weekend. Most of our faculty and almost all of our class was attending that. Also, this was our first week of mentorships so our faculty has been busy making sure we all get those started without any problems. Not to mention that minor detail of having class and exams! :) They've also changed the application process this year but I promise the staff is not sitting around just to make this process more excruciating; they really work hard to form a class that belongs together. We all have something different to contribute to the class and we get along extremely well. The staff did an amazing job of picking students that really fit this program; I honestly can't imagine myself anywhere else! Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to be prompt. Good luck to you all!

Reckless,

I just noticed your reply. Thank you! That was very kind of you to keep us informed. The nerves have left (for a bit) right now. I'm just praying for the interview. It's great to know about the camaraderie that's developed in your class. You have very nice things to say about the program.

Congrats on getting in!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting. I'm thinking the same thing. A friend of mine had a meeting in the Dean of Medicine's office last week and he gathered similar info even though they couldn't comment about any specific application. Worried and disappointed to be sure. Good luck and hope things work out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay so I just called CMU to find out if I would be offered an interview this year and I was told I am an alternate, then shortly after the call I got my alternate email. I was told they did VERY few interviews this year :-/

At least it's not a rejection! I'm anxiously awaiting to hear that you got in at one of the schools you applied to! I'm pulling for you! Don't give up!

Archived