Is it worth doing bridge program to MD?

Not aware of PA to MD bridge. There is a PA to DO bridge at LECOM. Plenty of posters here have completed it and love it. Try searching the forum to see the older posts.

In my opinion it is great however I can't justify the move across the country for one less year so I will not be applying to LECOM. 

On 12/14/2018 at 1:51 PM, Bananers818 said:

Hi there.

Has anyone done a bridge program from PA to MD? If so, was it worth it? How much was the overall cost? Which program did you attend?

Thanks!

LECOM is the only medical school I'm aware of that does a bridge program from PA to physician (DO not MD).  I'm currently attending.  It's about $35k per year for three years.  Whether or not it's worth it depends on your unique situation and what specialty you would be interested in doing. 

• 5 weeks later...

I’m currently a practicing PA and am very interested in applying for LECOM’s APAP program. However, I don’t see any average scores for accepted applicants for the last few APAP classes. I am concerned whether or not my application is competitive enough. Any information from accepted and/ or current students regarding what average MCAT scores, GPAs, and clinical years as a practicing PA, or other pertinent information to be competitive to apply to the program, would be greatly appreciated!

Archived