Jump to content

Send or wait: transcripts


Recommended Posts

Might be an obvious question to some, but if you’re waitlisted at schools that require a pre-req, should you still send the transcript to them even if you are waitlisted or wait until you (hopefully, if it happens) get accepted? I haven’t heard back from these schools yet, but I did finish my course and was wondering what to do. 

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MT2PA said:

If your transcript is free, then send it I guess.  I wouldn't pay to send it.

Your waitlist status is almost certainly NOT dependent on your course completion - most programs will offer an acceptance with a caveat of 'you must finish courses' if they want you.  

Okay, that’s what I thought. Thank you! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a somewhat related question...I had intended to retake a pre-req I got a C in this fall, but I got a full time PCE job that prevented me from taking it. But I already had put the class as “planned” on my CASPA and when I called CASPA, they said they couldn’t remove it from my application. I have ended up getting accepted at my top choice and the C still meets their minimum requirements for acceptance. They emailed me yesterday asking for the new class and when I explained the situation, the admissions counselor said this could potentially impact my acceptance. Thoughts? She said they may not care that I didn’t take it or they may want to ask me some questions. Needless to say I’m very worried and feel sick over it, as it was truly an honest mistake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lctexas4 said:

I have a somewhat related question...I had intended to retake a pre-req I got a C in this fall, but I got a full time PCE job that prevented me from taking it. But I already had put the class as “planned” on my CASPA and when I called CASPA, they said they couldn’t remove it from my application. I have ended up getting accepted at my top choice and the C still meets their minimum requirements for acceptance. They emailed me yesterday asking for the new class and when I explained the situation, the admissions counselor said this could potentially impact my acceptance. Thoughts? She said they may not care that I didn’t take it or they may want to ask me some questions. Needless to say I’m very worried and feel sick over it, as it was truly an honest mistake. 

What's done is done.  All you can do is wait and see what they decide.  You may have to try and take it this spring if possible.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More