Sign in to follow this  
ellenUSFPA

Rosh Vs. HIPPO med recommendations?

From my understanding HIPPO is like a course while Rosh is only a question bank.  So I think it depends on how you failed and what you need to work on. If you lack content I think HIPPO would be better for you but if you had test anxiety and struggled with vignettes Rosh is your answer.

I tried both HIPPO and ROSH and thought ROSH was MUCH better. I was not a fan of HIPPO at all. I felt like most of the questions in HIPPO relied on recognizing "buzzwords" and the PANCE has really moved away from using buzzwords. In my opinion, the ROSH questions were a much better reflection of the types of questions and the difficulty level that you will see on the PANCE. They also had better explanations for why each answer was correct/incorrect. Also, I was able to get a free month trial of ROSH. If I were you, I would try emailing them and tell them you are trying to decide between the two question banks. Ask them if they would consider giving you a free trial to help you decide. Nothing to lose by asking. 

• Like 1

PANCE is death by questions.  Rosh will allow you to do that over and over.  Although costly, I highly recommend the extra EOR exams and 300 set practice banks.

I don't know anything about hippo but I think nearly everyone in my class used ROSH and passed.

• Like 1

After using both rosh for my first exam that I failed and hippoed/Medgeeks for my second, I felt way more confident with hippoed. It allowed me to review and test myself while rosh is just a Q bank. Hoping that I passed this time, still waiting on results. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bathinrouz
      Hey Yall
      Currently prepping for the PANCE. I have been studying for the past two months from PPP and ROSH. Initially I did alot of reading from PPP with scattered questions realizing quickly this is not as effective as making notes. I started to make notes for the bigger systems, such as CARDS, PULM, GI, MSK. Ive been studying everyday from 10-12 hours and with a week left I get this feeling that Im not ready. 
      Below I posted my results I took two weeks ago, not sure how to feel. 
      My question to yall is, what are some strategies you used to take exams? what algorithm did you have in your mind when analyzing a question. 
      My ROSH score is a 578 with 92% passing but I understand this isnt as predictable. 
      I have played with Kaplan and have scored in the mid 60s to 70s on it within each organ system. 

• By PANY20
      Selling my Rosh Review. It is active until Jan 09 2020. 
    • By madmoneyz
      Items for sale! Helped me pass my PANRE exam! PM for prices. 
      CME4Life Flash Card for sale!! Brand new unopen 
      CME4Life PA prep: Janus 
      CME4Life PA Prep: Timeline Tool for PANCE/PANRE Review
      CME4life PA Prep: Medical Triads
      Pance prep Pearl 1st edition 
      A comprehensive Review For the certification and Recertification examination For Physician Assistants 5th edition

Good Luck with your studying

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More