SketchyPharm for Pharmacology + Pathoma for Pathophysiology?

Hello! PA-S1 here. 

Just wondering your thoughts about these 2 resources for Pharm and Patho. 

From med students I hear that Pathoma is a godsend (especially the Dr. who teaches it). I also hear that SketchyPharm makes Pharm much easier to learn.

I start the 3 semester sequence for these courses next month and was trying to find the best resources for them. 

Thank you!

(Edit: Also I am a VERY visual learner if that means anything)

Hi Brandon!

I can only speak for our class but I've been evangelizing sketchy pharm to everyone in my program and all of us who have used it have done super well so far. I use it almost exclusively with the other medical school resource, Anki (with the Pepper Pharm deck) and just cram the extra stuff from powerpoints. 

We also used pathoma, but it doesn't line up as well with our current curriculum since ours has a heavy focus on physiology as well. The beginning parts were spot on though. The former professor that taught the class unofficially taught straight from the course and even had it on the syllabus. I'd like to figure out how to make pathoma work though because Dr. Sattar really has a gift for explanations.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:17 AM, EnterobacterJim said:

Hi Brandon!

I can only speak for our class but I've been evangelizing sketchy pharm to everyone in my program and all of us who have used it have done super well so far. I use it almost exclusively with the other medical school resource, Anki (with the Pepper Pharm deck) and just cram the extra stuff from powerpoints. 

We also used pathoma, but it doesn't line up as well with our current curriculum since ours has a heavy focus on physiology as well. The beginning parts were spot on though. The former professor that taught the class unofficially taught straight from the course and even had it on the syllabus. I'd like to figure out how to make pathoma work though because Dr. Sattar really has a gift for explanations.

Thank you sooo much!! I will get both!

Archived