I am currently in my didactic year and I am considering doing an EM residency after school. I really do like EM and I think a residency would help me hone in on my skills. For my EM module, it has been one of the hardest classes all semester for everyone. I might end up with a B+ in this class. My overall GPA is very competitive and I have received all As so far this trimester. How would this look to an admissions committee when applying to residency?

3 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

not a problem. congrats on your decision to do a residency. You will not regret it. 

Thank you! I am assuming that the clinical rotation would be important to do well in also. Do you have any recommendations on how to prepare for applying for a residency?

Do as much em-related stuff as you can: trauma surgery, peds em, icu, etc if you have electives. apply to 5 or more em residencies and you should hopefully get a spot in 1. good luck!