South College-Nashville Class 2021

49 minutes ago, dwright596 said:

Hey everyone. My name is Zach and I was also accepted from the January 11th Interview. I was the only other guy that wasn’t rob the military guy, and I was in your group interview session Natalie. I’ll be moving from NY and I’m very excited to go on this journey with everyone!

Yay! Hillary was accepted too Zach! This is going to be a great class. 

• Like 1

hello, for those of you who have applied and already heard back, approximately how long was it between the time that they informed you that your application was complete until they informed you of an interview invite? and do they notify you by email or phone call or snail mail?

Also, congrats to everyone who has been accepted already! 🙂 

It varies a little from applicant to applicant. I was called 20 minutes after submitting my application because they just happened to log in and check for new applicants when I submitted. A few other people have said it took a couple weeks to hear anything about their application and another week or two to hear about an interview. They’re pretty open to you calling to check on completion status though if you haven’t heard anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hillaria28 said:

I’m soooooo excited to see everyone posting! This is really going to be such a great class 🙂 I was accepted on the 11th too! I’m Hillary - the Navy girl- not bald like Rob 😂 hope that narrowed it down. Can’t wait !!!!!!! 

Is it just me or does it seem like almost half of the class was filled from our interview day??

It is good to see so many other non-traditional applicants like myself being accepted. After all, it's what the PA profession was built around!!

Congrats Hillary! BTW, I will still call you "doc" just because old habits die hard

On 1/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, tinay0001 said:

I got an email asking if I wanted to review my application with admissions after I submitted it- did anyone else get an email like this? I'm not sure what to think!

Everyone gets this email! 

Garrett, who is definitely the best admissions coordinator ever, will review your application and go over your strengths and weaknesses mainly on the quantifiable metrics: GPA, sGPA, PCE/HCE, GRE, LOR. He does not have any say in the ADCOM's decision to admit you or not but he will definitely tell you where you stand as far as what the average applicant who has applied compares to you. It can be a bit of a reality check.

No other school I have applied to has done this so use it to your advantage. I know when I called it was a very informative session! Good luck!

Hey everyone! I’m interviewing in February, however I’m a little nervous because it seems like the class is almost full already! Was the interview day a standard essay, individual interview and group interview? Also include trying to make travel plans, do you I could make a 6pm flight? Thanks guys! 

4 hours ago, Ragtag42 said:

Hey everyone! I’m interviewing in February, however I’m a little nervous because it seems like the class is almost full already! Was the interview day a standard essay, individual interview and group interview? Also include trying to make travel plans, do you I could make a 6pm flight? Thanks guys! 

Hi, 

As long as all the interview sessions are the same there is not an essay. The group interview consists of pretty standard interview questions and the individual interview is just a laid back discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of your application and whether or not you're accepted. As for flight times, 6 should be fine. I believe most people were done well before 3. 

Good luck! Don't be nervous, the faculty is very nice and just wants to get to know you. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I’m the first to say I was accepted from the February 8th interview. Can’t wait to meet everyone! For the others that got accepted from the February 8th interview, I was one of the military guys in a blue suit. I’m excited to see who made it! 

Name’s Kit by the way, almost forgot to mention it haha.

Edited by KitWin94
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 8:23 PM, KitWin94 said:

Seems like I’m the first to say I was accepted from the February 8th interview. Can’t wait to meet everyone! For the others that got accepted from the February 8th interview, I was one of the military guys in a blue suit. I’m excited to see who made it! 

Name’s Kit by the way, almost forgot to mention it haha.

It seems like a lot of males have been selected and I am glad I will not be the only one. What branch were/are you in?

Welcome aboard!!

On 2/14/2019 at 3:43 PM, rtimmons said:

It seems like a lot of males have been selected and I am glad I will not be the only one. What branch were/are you in?

Welcome aboard!!

Haha the class does seem pretty balanced. I was a medic in U.S. Army, same as another guy I interviewed with on Feb 8th who also accepted a seat for the class. Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to working with you!

38 minutes ago, KitWin94 said:

Haha the class does seem pretty balanced. I was a medic in U.S. Army, same as another guy I interviewed with on Feb 8th who also accepted a seat for the class. Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to working with you!

There’s going to be a lot of Whiskeys in this group. I accepted my seat back in November. 

Hi again everyone, and congratulations to those accepted in the latest interviews! 
I just wanted to reach out to my future classmates because I am turning in my letter of resignation at work today. SHEW I am nervous. I've been teaching for 7 years! I am so excited for what is ahead, but this is a hard part for me for sure. Anyone else finding it difficult to tell your current employer that you're moving on?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...