Negotiations as a New grad help

Hello I am a new graduate  who has been offered a job in family practice . The pay is average for what new graduates to receive yet no health insurance is provided. 401K and malpractice plus CME is covered. My question is if I negotiate my salary is there a chance the doctor may take back his offer? As a new grad I’m not sure what to do or how to go about it. Any advice would help 

Definitely negotiate.  I can't imagine a job offer being revoked after asking for health insurance, or for asking for a higher salary since health insurance isn't provided.  Heck, the health insurance system in the United States is virtually setup to be employer provided.  Hard to think of many working professionals who don't have insurance provided by their employer.   It's standard practice and if you're not provided it, you should ask to be compensated accordingly.  And I would recommend going on your state health insurance page to determine how much that would cost you.

Archived