DOT exams-how strict are you?

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Wish1pa said:

Also I have been pressured by non medical corporates at my company to sign cards to appease an angry patient.  Not cool. I show them the dot handbook and say nope sorry. 

Good for you.  However, the very idea of administrators pushing this is repugnant.  I wish there was an agency who actually investigated such practices, did something about it, and made sure the practitioners were taken care of and didn't have to choose between doing the right thing or losing their jobs.

Before going into healthcare, I worked in an administrative position for a trucking company.  The drivers who had trouble getting passed for their physicals knew that there was one doctor who would pass anyone, so they would go to that doctor if the company provided doctor wouldn't pass them.  Sure it was a longer drive to get there and maybe they had to pay out of pocket, but they got their card.  Drivers know the tricks.  The only way to protect public safety is for every provider to follow the rules.

23 minutes ago, Photograph51 said:

Before going into healthcare, I worked in an administrative position for a trucking company.  The drivers who had trouble getting passed for their physicals knew that there was one doctor who would pass anyone, so they would go to that doctor if the company provided doctor wouldn't pass them.  Sure it was a longer drive to get there and maybe they had to pay out of pocket, but they got their card.  Drivers know the tricks.  The only way to protect public safety is for every provider to follow the rules.

can't get away with that now.  If they are failed, it has to be reported to the fmcsa.

Archived