LIU Class of 2014?

FINALLY Some activity :=D:!!! I have been wondering when people would surface. So many other schools have current updates and the excitement is so prominent yet I didn't get the same feel about LIU. On the other hand I have been accepted for the Class of 2014!! I am super excited and would love a FB group to start connecting with my future classmates

I am planning on going to the orientation, however I dont know the actual start date- do you? I was told that we would be getting a welcome pack a few weeks ago, but I haven't recevied anything in the mail yet. Apparently it will have the start dates, summer books, etc., so I am really excited to get it.. hopefully they will be mailed out soon!

I haven't mailed in my deposit yet (will tomorrow) so it'll be a bit before I get my welcome packet. I looked at the schedule of classes on LIU's website and it shows 9/5 as the first day, although I don't know if it's accurate. I think (mandatory) orientation dates are 8/17, 8/28 or 9/4...

Hey everyone! Congratulations on your acceptances! I have been accepted for the class of 2014 as well and I'm really excited for it to start. I sent my deposit in about a month ago and haven't received an information packet yet either. Hopefully soon though. Does anyone know when we're supposed to get our housing information? I'm anxious to know who I'll be living with!

Hi walter0259, Congrats! I actually just called about housing, and they said once we receive our acceptance letter we can go on the website and fill out the housing application for grad students and mail it in with a 150 deposit, they said sooner then later because they fill up quick, and she told me that studios, one bedroom and two bedroom are already full so to get going on it and not to wait! Hope this helps!

That definitely helps. Thanks so much!! I feel strange writing on this thread as an anonymous person since we're all going to be classmates in a few short months so I figured I should introduce myself. If any of you want to do the same please feel free! My name is Erin Walter, I'm from Long Island, NY and I'm 21 years old. I'm majoring in Biopsychology and about to graduate from Philadelphia University with my Bachelor in Science in 3 1/2 weeks. My facebook username is Erin Elizabeth, although for some reason I'm not sure if people who aren't friends with me can search my name so I'll have to work on changing my settings if anyone wants to connect on there.

Hi Erin! I thought you were a guy from your screen name! I'm on Facebook too - Shay McCole-Pons. Feel free to connect with me.

Just FYI - For anyone who wants to keep their crazy personal side to themselves - on FB you can designate people as "acquaintances" and I don't think they'll be able to see those regrettable post cocktail, rambling posts or the embarrassing pictures that people insist on tagging their friends in! :heheh:

I'm originally from NY but have lived in CO for 15 years. I can't believe I'm going back! I just keep telling myself its just for a few years! Erin, what kind of HCE do you have? Mine is v-e-r-y limited so I'm expecting to be a bit behind on the clinical side for awhile compared to the rest of you guys. Hopefully I'm a quick study!

Hey Shay! Thanks for the FB advice, I should probably take you up on that being that I've been living the typical college life for 4 years now haha. CO for 15 years? Wow. I've never lived anywhere other than NY, except Philly for a little while to get my undergrad. I've heard CO is beautiful but you must be excited to come back for a little while. I don't have an excessive amount of HCE either. My life thus far has revolved around school and soccer. I've traveled a lot for soccer, all over the US and to a few countries in Europe to compete in tournaments. Doing that and studying biopsychology didn't leave me with much time to gain HCE, especially since I'm pretty young. For the past two summers I shadowed a physician at his private practice and at the hospital where he works, and this past winter break I shadowed a physician assistant of an orthopedic surgeon for a few weeks. I guess you could say I'm not your average pre-PA student haha but I'm very dedicated to my school work and now that one chapter in my life is closing I'm ready to start the next one.

Hey Shay and Erin! I figured Id introduce myself as well. My name is Nicole and I am from Massachusetts, I went to undergrad in Ct and majored in bio-premed, I took the past year off to actually do alot of shadowing and just focus on applications for school,like you Erin I played basketball in college so alot of my time was devoted to sports and school. Im a little bit nervous heading to NY and being a completely devoted red sox and patriots fan, Im thinking I may have to leave those items behind! Shay, one of my good friends from college moved out to CO after we graduated and she says shes never coming back to the east coast becz she absolutely loves it out there! and just to inform you guys I have a very SMALL amount of HCE myself, we arent alone! i look forward to meeting everyone and i hope everyone enjoys this summer since the next two will be quite occupied with studying!!

Okay, so Nap1711,Erin and I will team up when it comes to clinical stuff since we're in the same boat with HCE!:smile: Oh, Nap, you're in for a world of hurt being a Red Sox/Patriots fan in NY - I'd keep that on the down-low if I were you! So, am I the only old person in this class? Well, chronologically I'm ancient, but my maturity level is probably closer to a 17 year old! And yes, Nap, if I had a choice I wouldn't be moving back to NY for school...but PAs aren't big out here in Colorado and I think the schools in NY are so much better. I'll be commuting to school from Staten Island (~1 hour each way). Kinda sucks, but its free rent. I guess I can always sleep on the bus, at least part of the commute. I hope more of our class shows up on here. Like I've said somewhere on here before, it would be great to get to know the people we''l be spending the next two years of our lives with!

Hello future classmates!!! FINALLY FINALLY FIN-A-LLY some excitement on this post!! Glad to finally "meet" some of you. My name is Sade and I am originally from Bronx, New York. I went to Florida A&M University in Tallahassee Florida and have moved back home as of 2009. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology Pre-Med in 2007...soooooo, for those of you doing the math I am 26 and will be 27 in one month lol--So, Nicole I have you beat :) !!! I spent the last 3 yrs shadowing an amazing PA at a clinic in Brooklyn. Although that was 3yrs HCE I have been out of the school loop for 5 yrs yikes!! I am eager to see how my brain catches back on lol. We will all be in the same boat which is good because we can help each other. I will commute for the first semester to assess how much of a hassle it is and then determine if I want to move closer. I am super excited and just got the email about the New Student Orientation Welcome Packet that is coming in a few weeks. Wish some people lived here to start a mini study group but we can always use FB

Hey everyone!!! I am really excited to see activity on this feed. I have been waiting so long for some news. My name is Samantha and I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am currently a senior biology major from Duquesne University, which is also in Pittsburgh. I am very excited for the move to New York but nervous at the same time. I just really want to find a place to live and some roommates! Can't wait to meet you all and start this very exciting chapter in our lives! Also, did anyone actually make a facebook group yet?

Hello all- very excited to start getting to know everyone. My name is Kristen, I am 22 and am originally from Connecticut but have lived in Boston for the past 5 years for school. I am graduating Northeastern in 4 days actually and will spend the summer there until my lease is up.. I cannot wait to move to NYC though, I love that city and am more than excited to finally live there. I have quite a bit of HCE, about 2 1/2 years worth. Northeastern offers a 5 year program which I took because the extra year is composed of 2 clinical internships. For my first internship I worked as an inpatient physical therapy aide and for my second I worked (and have actually stayed on for the past year) as an emergency service assistant (basically a nursing assistant) at Brigham and Women's Hospital in the Emergency Department. It is a level one trauma center so I have seen some interesting cases and crazy procedures, some of which I hope we get a chance to perform! I am going to continue to work there this summer and hopefully save up as much money as possible before we all have to work our butts off in class and barely get free time to work. I wish orientation was sooner because I would love to get to meet everyone sooner than August!

Hello Class of 2014!!

My name is Mariana and I live in Florida. would love to know if someone else is from Florida ;-). I am 26 and have been an ER nurse for 4 years now, ready for a new adventure. Would like to start an email list ... so if you would like to send me your emails.. to maricor08@hotmail.com. I am doing graduate housing for first semmester then hopefully meet and room with a classmate... Is anyone at the moment looking for a roomate?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone! my name is Isabel im from Miami and will be moving to Brooklyn soon... I look foward to meeting everyone up there. Does any of you plan to live outside campus? or do you know what are some safe neighborhoods where I can start looking. I called to get some info on the campus apartments but they seem a little expensive they told me you have to make too payments of 8700 and I not sure if that includes the summer? Any info will be great. Thanks :)

Archived