53 minutes ago, hannahhargett1025 said:

I know the introduction was short and we were classmates for a day haha but I got accepted to my top choice school yesterday afternoon so I wanted to say good luck to all of you and I wish you all the best! 

Congrats though!!

• Like 1

Question for you guys about prerequisites... An AP course that I took in high school (AP Biology) that transferred onto my college transcript (Priniciples of Biology) does count towards the “8 hours of biology for majors” prerequisite, correct? Can anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

Hello all! My name is Grayson Sanders, and I did my undergrad at UAB. I am working full time in Psych at Grandview Medical Center until August. I’ll be doing the dual degree program starting in January. Feel free to add/ follow me on any social media. Can’t wait to meet you all! 😊

• Like 3

Hey classmates! My name is Mary Grace, and I am a Radiology Tech at Cullman Regional. I can't wait to meet everyone and start this exciting journey! UAB was my top choice, so it's a dream-come-true to be accepted! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TayHolli said:

Did anybody not get a confirmation when they submitted their acceptance letter? I sent mine Tuesday last week and never got any response. Thanks!!

I walked mine in the office before Thanksgiving to give to Ms. Glasscock in person (I thought it would be more glorious and I don't own a scanner lol) and ended up giving it to Mr. Drace since she was out. I emailed to try to get confirmation that nothing else needed to be sent in... and nothing. For nearly 2 weeks. But, I emailed Ms. Glasscock again today saying I was gonna stop by and she emailed back pretty fast saying she had everything. Maybe some of our stuff just got buried in her inbox!

Edited by jgod15
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@radtech33 I am a rad tech as well, go us! 

Has anyone out-of-state applied to the Academic Common Market yet or should we wait until official admission to the school? 

• Like 1

Has anyone out-of-state applied to the Academic Common Market yet or should we wait until official admission to the school? 

I was wondering the same thing too Any out of state ppl applied for it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, atlRT said:

3 hours ago, bhowe said:

I was wondering the same thing too emoji1744.pngemoji3603.png Any out of state ppl applied for it yet?

In February or early spring once you have applied and received your letter of acceptance you can then do the paperwork for Academic Common Market. It was a very simple and easy process.

• Like 2

Would anyone be interested in me making a GroupMe for us since we don’t have the Facebook page yet? It just seems easier and more personal than on here! If y’all want, you can email me your phone number to taylor2017um@gmail.com and I’ll get one made and add whoever wants to join 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mcdempsey said:

Has anyone made a Facebook page yet or a group me? I’m looking for some roommates 🙂

Email me your phone number and I’ll add you to the GroupMe! 😊 taylor2017um@gmail.com

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone!! I'm Marlee and I'm so exited to meet all of you guys 🙂 I moved to Birmingham about 4 months ago and am working as a rec therapist until school starts. Can't wait for August! 

Hey guys! I just received a call from Drace not even fifteen minutes ago, but I'm so excited about UAB! My name is Mary Kate and I also have a dog, but she's pretty chill and not super crazy. I will definitely be looking at houses too. I'm so excited for August!

• Upvote 1

Hey y’all!! I’m Meredith from Austin, TX. I just got the call today, and I couldn’t be more excited. This was my third year applying! Can’t wait to be classmates!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi all! My name is Amber, and I am from Lexington, KY. I am thrilled about getting into this program and can not wait to meet you all! It’s going to be a great year:) 

Has anyone heard if we have a white coat ceremony, and if so, have you heard what the date is for that? I have been looking and can’t find it! 

Helllllloooooo classmates!!! Never thought this day would come. I was accepted off the waitlist Monday! I cannot wait to meet all of you! My name is Maria. I’m originally from Columbus, GA, but have been in Birmingham since summer of 2015 (after I graduated from AU). PUMPED to hit the ground running in August!