msfpa01

Air Force HPSP for 2019

Hello All!

I was recently accepted into PA school and contacted a few recruiters, and I am being told that the application has closed and won't open up until March 2019. Has anyone else been told this same information? I come from a military family and so I know how recruiters operate by not sharing full and accurate information. Would anyone happen to know what the usually application cycle timeline looks like and what I should be doing to prepare for the application to open in March 2019, if this is in fact true. 

Thank you!

I also got into PA school and wanted to do the the HPSP program & the recruiter told me the board met in November and that the application cycle is closed. she did not know much else and told me she would put me in contact with the HPSP recruiter in my area who is supposed to contact me in the next five days  

On 11/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, utpa17 said:

I also got into PA school and wanted to do the the HPSP program & the recruiter told me the board met in November and that the application cycle is closed. she did not know much else and told me she would put me in contact with the HPSP recruiter in my area who is supposed to contact me in the next five days  

Hey! I actually just received the navy HPSP, and found that the navy was much more proactive with my application whereas I could barely get in contact with an Airforce recruiter. It is true that boards mean October and November so you should start putting your application together as soon as possible and then hopefully get it for the next year! 

I literally had the exact same conversation with a healthcare recruiter for the Air Force! He told me to check in with him beginning in March to start getting my application ready to go. Also, he said it would be wise to apply to the Navy HPSP because it increases your chances of getting the tuition help. I will probably be applying for both!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, Babney said:

What's the difference between the Navy HPSP and HSCP?

Navy HSCP, you are "active duty" getting active duty pay at E6 grade but no tuition is paid. You pay the tuition. However, the years in school will count towards retirement years. 

Navy HPSP, pays for tuition with a little allowance to live off of. Your years in school doesn't count towards retirement years.

This is a quick difference. Pay amounts vary. The benefits of one vs the other vary between individuals and what they want over the long run.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard back thus far? My recruiter said that they were supposed to let me know on November 8th, but then said that they gave no word and no word was given on when they would announce who got it. 

On 11/12/2019 at 10:27 PM, wannabePA123 said:

Has anyone heard back thus far? My recruiter said that they were supposed to let me know on November 8th, but then said that they gave no word and no word was given on when they would announce who got it. 

I actually just heard yesterday evening. My recruiter said the email came out yesterday morning. I am not sure if anyone else has been informed yet. 🙂

On 1/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, moleashish said:

Navy HSCP, you are "active duty" getting active duty pay at E6 grade but no tuition is paid. You pay the tuition. However, the years in school will count towards retirement years. 

Navy HPSP, pays for tuition with a little allowance to live off of. Your years in school doesn't count towards retirement years.

This is a quick difference. Pay amounts vary. The benefits of one vs the other vary between individuals and what they want over the long run.

Wait so is the HPSP not active duty. Is it just reserves then?