Suggestions for Medical Spanish Course

Hey everyone! I will be starting PA school in August of 2019 and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a medical Spanish course that I could take prior to starting my program? I took four years of Spanish in high school and a semester in college so I have a basic foundation but I am looking for a more concrete course that focuses on medical terminology and common phrases used in a healthcare setting. Additionally, I would prefer a course that gives you a certificate of completion that I could list on my resume. 

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2018 at 12:00 PM, thepadiaries said:

Hey everyone! I will be starting PA school in August of 2019 and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a medical Spanish course that I could take prior to starting my program? I took four years of Spanish in high school and a semester in college so I have a basic foundation but I am looking for a more concrete course that focuses on medical terminology and common phrases used in a healthcare setting. Additionally, I would prefer a course that gives you a certificate of completion that I could list on my resume. 

Thanks! 

I remember when I interviewed at UF they mentioned something about it on their campus and if you wanted to volunteer on their mobile clinic you had to be a certified interpreter.. I am not much of help, but I plan to do this after PA school since I did some interpreting at the local free clinic for migrant workers and I would like to get some of the medical terminology down.

Any reason why you'd want to do this before PA school?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 7:47 PM, JD2012 said:

I remember when I interviewed at UF they mentioned something about it on their campus and if you wanted to volunteer on their mobile clinic you had to be a certified interpreter.. I am not much of help, but I plan to do this after PA school since I did some interpreting at the local free clinic for migrant workers and I would like to get some of the medical terminology down.

Any reason why you'd want to do this before PA school?

Just because I won't have time to in school and I'd like to take advantage of the time I have before I start.

Archived