Commissioning As a New Grad

Is there anybody here without prior military experience that commissioned right after PA school?  If so, any chance you could share your experiences as you first started?  Is there a way to go about the process where you are able to start shortly after graduation and the PANCE?   It is my understanding that the whole process of commissioning takes a while.  Does anybody have an idea of how long it takes after graduating to start training and work?

I am aware that it will generally be very overwhelming from what I've read in the other posts.  Any advantages to one branch over another?  I don't yet have deep ties to a branch.  Any advice or more information would be greatly appreciated.  I know that anything a recruiter will say I'll have to take with a grain of salt.

Graduation is sneaking up on me and I'm thinking more and more of the military as a great way to give back to the country, challenge myself, gain experience, and do damage on my student loans. 

Thanks Much!

If you're not a scholarship candidate (HPSP or HSCP), I believe direct commission is the way to go and choosing Army might be your best bet. However, contact Medical Officer recruiter for each branch and see what your options and chances are. 

Sorry couldn't be of any better help. I'm a scholarship candidate, so I can answer questions regarding those process better. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/17/2018 at 6:25 PM, moleashish said:

I'm a scholarship candidate, so I can answer questions regarding those process better.

When did you start your application for the HPSP? An Air Force recruiter told me it opens in March each year, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. What type of materials does the application entail?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...