Hey everyone! I thought I’d get one going for those of us on here. I’m so excited to meet everyone in a couple months! Where are you all coming from?

Hey! I am really excited to meet everyone in a couple months too! I am originally from New Hampshire but have been in Philadelphia for the past 5 going on 6 years years, so Denver/Aurora will be another big change! 

Been living in Denver for roughly 3 months trying to get the in state tuition before first fall semester haha, but originally from Mississippi. Does anyone know if they've created the Facebook group for us yet?

I’m a Colorado native, but I’ve never lived in Denver so that’ll be new for me too. I’m biased, but you’ll love CO!

I think the Facebook page gets made in January every year. Has anyone received the email for the background check yet? I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. 

Hey all,

I'm a current first year. Yes you are correct the facebook page typically gets made in January or so once the class is finalized. Also you will receive newsletters from Kay beginning in the new year.

If you have any questions, i'm happy to try and answer them as best I can. Also if anyone has questions on housing etc. I'm happy to answer those as well.

• Like 1

HI everyone. Im Oliver; born and raised in southern California but  I have been in Philadelphia for the past two years. I have been treating Philly weather as preparation for Colorado. lol

It has been my dream to move, work, and live in Colorado...so this worked out! 

I also have not received any additional paperwork aside from the initial acceptance paperwork/deposit. 

P.S. Thanks for starting this thread. Its a good way to communicate until the FB page gets setup.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, PACrankset said:

Hey all,

I'm a current first year. Yes you are correct the facebook page typically gets made in January or so once the class is finalized. Also you will receive newsletters from Kay beginning in the new year.

If you have any questions, i'm happy to try and answer them as best I can. Also if anyone has questions on housing etc. I'm happy to answer those as well.

Hey thanks for checking in on us on this thread! 

Speaking of housing; I am sure its varied by personal preference, but do you find that most students share a place together? Live on their own? Live with randos off of rental listing websites/apps? 

How far in advance would you say we would need to look for a place and lock it down? I have no idea if its pretty easy to get a place near the campus or if its fierce competition and with peak times of filled vacancies.

14 hours ago, SomosPAPAya said:

Hey thanks for checking in on us on this thread! 

Speaking of housing; I am sure its varied by personal preference, but do you find that most students share a place together? Live on their own? Live with randos off of rental listing websites/apps? 

How far in advance would you say we would need to look for a place and lock it down? I have no idea if its pretty easy to get a place near the campus or if its fierce competition and with peak times of filled vacancies.

I would say our class has a mix, some live together, some with other folks, some just their significant other etc. I personally live with a classmate and I think it is great, you always have someone to bounce things off or ask questions.

on the housing situation I think April or May is fine, depends when you plan on moving out I guess. It also depends on where you want to live, there are plenty on complexes that are fine, those typically have leases whenever you want. If you want a house or apartment outside of a complex that may require a little more time to lock down.

Once the Facebook page is up in the new year you should be able to find people that want to live with others.

Hey all! Was anyone able to setup their CU email account? I know Kay sent over my student ID number, but I am not sure what I'm supposed to be using as my university username. Any help would be appreciated!