What to do after you have been accepted to HSCP scholarship.

So, you have been accepted to HSCP. Yay! Congrats! Go celebrate (reasonably of course). Then what to do,

Here is what I have been learning over the course of 3 months of not getting paid. I fixed most of the issues now, so hoping to start getting paid the next pay period. 

Step 1. Get your Military ID made, ASAP. 
Step 2. Set up mypay account. It's a pain, however once you have your military ID, do yourself a favor and invest in a CAC card reader. You will be able to set up you mypay yourself. 
Step 3. Update Bank info on mypay. Very Important. (For some reason PSD still hasn't gotten any info about my bank account even after 2nd submission of my paperwork). 
Step 4. Hope and pray PSD gets these info including your BAH and start paying you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By medic2020
      Hey everyone,
      I am looking for a little insight on PA opportunities within the special operations community. I know that most spec ops groups, with the exception of special forces, has a PA that deploys with them, however there is not much information out there on how close to combat these PA's get. So far it sounds like Navy PA's who deploy with NSW does not get any action and it seems like PA's in the 75th Ranger Regiment get the most opportunities to get their hands dirty but the assignments are competitive. Does anyone have any experience with PA's in the 75th? I am very interested in operational medicine and being as far forward as possible, so any information about how to achieve that role as a PA in the military is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance, 
      M. 
    • By WakadanPA
      To my veteran PAs:
      I recently received an email about the Student to Service HRSA scholarship that states NPs and Certified Midwives are now eligible disciplines for the upcoming scholarship cycle. The reason for the addition is the bolster primary care and obgyn providers in underserved and rural areas. Makes sense to me... however to my surprise PAs are not included in this scholarship opportunity. 
      Is this an issue that the AAPA would take up? If not, who can I write about this issue other than the HRSA?

• By moleashish
      I just found out I passed the PANCE and now am a PA-C. I have updated my recruiter and send an update email to my detailer. Right now it is just a waiting game. I was told my name was on the Program Managers list for October ODS class pending commissioning. 
      I should be getting commissioned pretty soon. Until then I don't really have anything to do but to get back into a better shape for ODS. 
      Any tips and advice before I head into ODS and my first duty station?
      Thank you.
      Ashish.
    • By deltawave
      Hello all,
      I am looking for information from PAs with experience in the Air Guard or the AF Reserves. I would like to hear your opinions on the differences, time commitments, units, patient care, etc.
      Recruiters are recruiters, so anyone with recent first hand experience that could chime in would be appreciated.
      Thank you in advance.
    • By PAeducator
      The new Simon Scholar PA scholarship program creates pathways for underserved Orange and San Diego County (California) students facing adversity by offering full tuition scholarships. This scholarship provides eligible students who wish to earn their Masters in Medical Science degree (MMS) at the Chapman University Physician Assistant program with the opportunity to graduate in two years with little or no debt. Up to ten scholarships per year will be awarded.
      The application portal for the Simon Scholar PA scholarship program is now open. This is the link:  https://chapmanuniversity-viceprovost.submittable.com/submit/165573/simon-scholar-pa-program-scholarship-application.
      You can also find more information on our website: Chapman.edu/SimonScholarPA. Here’s the link: https://www.chapman.edu/crean/academic-programs/graduate-programs/physician-assistant/scholarship-simon-scholar-physician-assistant-program.aspx.
      Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I’m looking forward to meeting you at one of our upcoming virtual information sessions.
      Kind regards,
      Jerry
      Gerald Glavaz, DHSc, PA-C
      Associate Dean
      Simon Scholar PA scholarship program, Chapman University
      glavaz@chapman.edu
      The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted provisional accreditation status to the Chapman University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Chapman University.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More