moleashish

What to do after you have been accepted to HSCP scholarship.

So, you have been accepted to HSCP. Yay! Congrats! Go celebrate (reasonably of course). Then what to do,

Here is what I have been learning over the course of 3 months of not getting paid. I fixed most of the issues now, so hoping to start getting paid the next pay period. 

Step 1. Get your Military ID made, ASAP. 
Step 2. Set up mypay account. It's a pain, however once you have your military ID, do yourself a favor and invest in a CAC card reader. You will be able to set up you mypay yourself. 
Step 3. Update Bank info on mypay. Very Important. (For some reason PSD still hasn't gotten any info about my bank account even after 2nd submission of my paperwork). 
Step 4. Hope and pray PSD gets these info including your BAH and start paying you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pursuitofPA
      I am currently finishing up my didactic portion of PA school and considering the amount of loan debt I will have, I am considering enlisting into the airforce or navy after completing PA school in 12/2020.  I was previously an Occupational Therapist though I am not sure if that will matter regarding pay etc. If anyone has advice regarding this process and details on loan repayment, I would greatly appreciate it.
    • By EMT2PAC
      Hello,
      I am a currently a PA student graduating in August and sitting for my boards in September, based out of FL. No prior military experience and history as a licensed Florida EMT-B, ED tech, and over 1000 clinical hours as of now and GPA of 3.4.
      I am currently applying to the Navy for direct commission (DC) withing 6 months of graduation from school and was wondering if anyone has done DC to the navy (and if so what helped you be a good candidate), life as a navy PA-C, what to expect, specialties I can expect to be able to work in, and just any general info. I have a good recruiter but you never know and I hear a lot of good and bad.
    • By Ejohns20
      Hi all! Starting this thread because I see some inquiries for the 2019 cycle being tacked on to the 2018 thread so I thought I'd start a new one. I believe applications for those of us starting our programs this year won't open until March and be due in May, but correct me if I'm wrong. 
      Let's do this!!
      Signed, NHSC hopeful starting her program in AZ in August 2019
    • By ARKprePA
      Older student here. 
      Current Junior in Physiology track, 4.0 GPA. 5+ years working as civilian in clinical psych research for DOD - 2.5 years working with AD 0311s & 3 working with vets in a VA psych Dept. 
      2 questions:
      - is it too early in my college track to be contacting recruiters for info? Interested in Navy PA primarily, open to AF/Army. 
      - my spouse is active duty, E-8 (EOD) with 5 years remaining. Will being a military spouse/married to enlisted make it unlikely for me to be a competitive candidate? 
      Thanks in advance for any info. 
    • By ryanj1998
      Hey there. I attend the US Coast Guard Academy, and I am strongly considering becoming a Physicians Assistant either as a Coastie, or after I leave the military as a civilian. I have been looking at many PA grad schools, and the prerequisite courses and GPA requirements concern me...
      Will these schools understand how much more challenging the US service academies are academically compared to most undergrad degrees and forgive my comparatively lower GPA?
      - I've taken above 18 credits all 5 semesters I've been here, above 20 credits twice
      - The competing military demands (Room/uniform inspection, training etc) and physical demands (Varsity sports, fitness requirements) make it hard to excel in the classroom
      Will they understand that CGA only offers 8 majors so I did the best I could do match the prereq's but simply could not meet all of them?
      - I was required to take engineering/government/buisness courses as a prerequisite to graduate
      - I was required to take Coast Guard specific courses (Navigation 1-4, Maritime Law Enforcement, etc.)
      Will schools still admit me based on the high merit that goes with being a service academy grad, and a top 25 STEM school grad? 
      Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More