Looking for EM preceptor, Preferably larger center

Hello,

I'm a second year PA student and I'm just finishing the last of my core rotations. I'm interested in another rotation in EM, and since my core rotation was a relatively small ER, I'd like to have an experience at a larger center. I have background experience in FDNY as an EMT-B before PA school and I'm interested in EM, IM, and ICU work. I'm willing to go anywhere in the country, but I am partial to areas with mountains or salt water nearby! ?. I consider myself a medical geek as well as a scifi/fantasy nerd who enjoys outdoor activities.

I'm finding it a bit hard to find a larger ER because my program is rural and the area is saturated. I also know a lot of ER providers are contracted out so my school is having a hard time finding preceptors that actually work for the hospital. These companies that contract out don't take students as far as I know. Looking for spring of 19.

Thanks!

Archived