Clinical Year - Hardest rotation?

Hi All - I am currently completing a supplemental application that asks what I perceive to struggle most with during PA school. For the didactic year, I think I'll choose pharmacology just because of the huge amount of material that must be memorized. However, I am not so sure about for the clinical year. I was thinking about choosing emergency medicine, because of its 12 hour shifts, 3 days on 3 days off for example, on top of studying for the exams. I have never shadowed or worked in the emergency room, so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just assuming this. Would you agree? If not, what was your hardest rotation? Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

I think this question for your supplemental is asking much more than actual difficult logistics of PA school. I would encourage you to think outside the box here a little more. I think this question is asking more about a perceived weakness that you may have versus a subject or rotation. Think about things like time away from family, long study hours or different characteristics that you may struggle with that you can put a positive spin on and demonstrate how you have improved that aspect of yourself in the past.

But to add to what you were originally asking, I have felt the rotations that are more difficult are those where I don't have a great connection with a preceptor. An awesome preceptor can turn a specialty that you thought you may not be interested into an area you can see yourself going in to. 

Edited to add more text.

Archived