Heritage University 2018-2019

I’m interviewing the 26th also. Does anyone know if the class size is about 30 each cycle? I thought I read that somewhere but can’t verify it via the website. Also, as far as the group activity and essay- I’d love to hear from anyone with insight or tips. Is it an MMI style format? Cheers everyone! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, SGPDX84 said:

I’m interviewing the 26th also. Does anyone know if the class size is about 30 each cycle? I thought I read that somewhere but can’t verify it via the website. Also, as far as the group activity and essay- I’d love to hear from anyone with insight or tips. Is it an MMI style format? Cheers everyone! 

I read that it was 30 as well. Not sure where though, but I'll try and find the link. However, I did call them to ask if we were interviewing for actual seats or to be waitlisted. She said that there are seats left in the program. Not sure if that helps anything 😛

4 hours ago, adrice08 said:

Hi everyone, 

My name is Adrian, I'm in the current cohort 4, and yes the class size is about 30. 

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those interviewing! 

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm happy to help 🙂

Can I ask you;

1. What are your Stats

2. What was the interview process like

3. Ive never had a written portion of a PA interview, how was that and what did it entail.

What ever you are able to answer, I am all ears. 

1. Oh jeez, my stats.... ummm my science GPA was ~3.2 ...? I don't remember my GRE score, but I did study pretty hard core for that and did well. I worked as an EMT for several years and as a medical assistant for several years, did shadowing in hospitals and clinics. Graduated undergrad University of Utah, Exercise Science. 

2. interview process: I found the interview to be pretty straight forward. I've heard horror stories about other interviews, but I really didn't feel like they tried to trip us up. Just be your normal friendly self, talk to your peers there, and remember its ok to take a few seconds to think before answering a question. It really wasn't that bad.  I read "How To "Ace" The Physician Assistant School Interview" by Andrew Rodican. I found 95% of the questions they asked were in that book. 

3. written portion of interview: I honestly don't remember what they asked for the written part. I think it was pretty in line with the regular interview questions, it wasn't anything I felt very flustered about anyway. It was timed, but it wasn't a long essay and there was plenty of time. I remember most people finishing with plenty of time left. 

On 1/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, adrice08 said:

Hi everyone, 

My name is Adrian, I'm in the current cohort 4, and yes the class size is about 30. 

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those interviewing! 

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm happy to help 🙂

Thanks Adrian! Will you be there on Saturday afternoon? 

On 1/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, adrice08 said:

no unfortunately I'm in Maine for rotations right now, otherwise I would love to be there 🙂 but everyone is super nice and they're really there for you guys, not to quiz you or evaluate you, so ask whatever you want!

Adrian,

You’ve been so incredibly helpful! Thank you 🙂 

Can’t wait to see everyone at the dinner and for the interview!

Congratulations to all of those who were accepted from this past weekends interview!! We have a Facebook group already made you can request to be added to the group if I can add you just let me know! The group on Facebook is called Heritage University Physician Assistant Class of 2021! Can’t wait to meet you all! ☺️☺️☺️ 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived