Hi I was wondering if anyone ever took the Masters in Medical Science program from UNTHSC before applying for PA school?

It's a 1 rigorous program.

I am interested in applying for it to possibly strengthen my application, but I would love some insight from anyone who had taken it too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By hsc2018
      Selling a collection of books used for PA/medical school for $400. Must be able to pick up from Sunset Park, Brooklyn and must be bought as a complete bundle. Books have been used but all books are in good/excellent condition; some have highlight marks. 

- Goldman's Cecil Medicine 24th ed. 
      - Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2016 Lange
      - Current Surgery 14th ed. Lange
      - Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 11th ed. Bates
      - Basic and Clinical Pharmacology 13th ed. Lange
      - Basic Pathology 9th ed. Kumar Abbas Aster 
      - Atlas of Anatomy 2nd ed. 
      - Obstetrics and Gynecology 7th ed. Charles R.B. Beckmann
      - Applying Moral Theories 5th ed. Harris 
      - Understanding Health Policy 7th ed. Bodenheimer Grumbach
      - Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd ed. Elsevier
      - Clinically Oriented Anatomy 7th ed. Moore
      - Physiology 5th ed. Costanzo 
      - Deja Review Emergency Medicine Jang 
      - Boards and Wards 5th ed. Ayala Spellberg
      - Clinical Pocket Reference 11th ed. Gomella Haist 
      - Freakonomics Levitt & Dubner 
      - Superfreakonomics Levitt & Dubner 

I will also be throwing in my Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards 2nd Edition as well as my Venipuncture Course and Training Kit (hardly used)
      Craigslist Listing: https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bks/d/brooklyn-selling-medical-textbooks-for/6811458463.html
    • By rachellee
      Hi everyone!

My name is Rachel and I am an upcoming PA student starting in May 2019 at USF's PA program in Tampa, Fl.
      I got my clinical experience first working as an EMT for an ambulance company, but later switching to being a medical assistant for a private practice dermatology experience in Plant City, FL (about 30 min from Tampa). I gained such valuable knowledge from both jobs! I currently still work for the derm practice, but will be leaving when I attend PA school. I just wanted to reach out to the pre-PA community because I'm sure there are a number of you who are looking to get clinical experience, and I wanted to see about giving the opportunity to someone who could gain valuable experience from this position. and FYI you do not need a medical license for this job, they do on the job training. I work here with the doctor as well as the PA. 

If you're interested, let me know and I'm happy to answer any questions and put you in contact with my office manager. :)
      Rachel
    • By NickSniff
      I am a Biology/Pre-PA major Junior in college. I am in ROTC and participate in many extracurricular within ROTC, so I am ranked well. I am looking for advice on my chances for getting into PA school. I don't have many preferences for a PA school, my life dream has just always been to save lives within the medical field. At the time of applying for PA school I will have a 3.1-3.3 GPA, around 1000 hours as an ED medical scribe, and I worked as a pharmacy technician for a year. 
      Most of my credibility outside of my GPA is ROTC which takes up a decent chunk of time which I am hoping will say something for my application. I have yet to take the GRE but plan on doing well since I will need the extra buff. I also attended basic camp and advanced camp if that helps my application at all.
      What are my chances for getting into PA school and is there any advice that I can be given for my future success in the medical field. Thank you.
      Very Respectfully,
      Nick
    • By Mdc99
      Hey everyone, I wanted to get some advice and input from people that have applied/been accepted/are already in PA school. So over the course of the past two months I was invited to interview at three different schools and recently have found out that I was rejected at all of them. I have about 1,500 hours as a CNA at an assisted living facility, 1,500 hours doing direct care with mentally/physically disabled adults, and just started working at a hospital as a nurses aide about two months ago. My GPAs are: 
      -Last 60 credits: 4.0
      -cGPA: 3.91
      -science GPA: 3.97
      -I also have a 4.0 in every pre-requisite that each school required.
      My GRE scores for both sections were a little bit above average, and I got a 4.5 on the writing portion. Not going to lie, I thought I would get into at least two of the three with my GPA, or even waitlisted. I honestly didn't expect to be straight up rejected from all three. I do feel that each of the interviews went fairly well and I answered all of my questions thoroughly. I even had some conversation with the interviewers and felt very comfortable after all of them were complete. I honestly do not know what went wrong and what I can improve at this point. If anyone can give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More