PA Residency in another Country

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HaveHope
      Hi, all!

I'm hoping to reach out for some help. I'd like to get both of my elective rotations in South Korea next year (2022--more specifically Oct-December 2022 near Bucheon, Seoul). I've got a place to call home there and it would make my future family's year. My program has been researching and reaching out to other programs but we haven't had much luck. There aren't any PAs in Korea so I will likely have to either piggyback off a medical rotation or find a physician who's willing to take me under their wing. 

Does anyone have experience or know of someone who has travelled abroad for a rotation? If it was in Korea, even better!! I'd love to reach out or network with them to try and make some connections. I'm unfamiliar with so many things, even more so now that COVID complicates things (opportunities out there, visa requirements, quarantine, rotation lengths, etc.)

Any crumbs would be much appreciated. 🐁
    • By Naecolex3
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Nicole Rodriguez and I am a recent graduate from Florida International University double major in Biology and Natural & Applied Sciences. I am currently working as a medical assistant working on my patient care hours and will be applying to PA schools the next cycle. I would like to have some guidance on my personal statement and would appreciate any advice! I may be reached out via email Nicole.rodriguez3860@icloud.com

Thank you for your time!
    • By Patient2PA
      Hello, 

I submitted my CASPA applications to 11 schools on May 28th. I just realized that I made a error in the calculation of my hours for my undergraduate research hours for my honor's thesis. The date listed on my experience are correct, 10/1/2018 to 5/08/2020. But I mixed up the total weeks and hours calculation. I wrote 77,010 hours.  It should be 1,560 hours (104 weeks * 15 hours a week). I have no idea how I managed  to get the high number, clearly a mistake in my calculations as shown by the time frame. I've already contacted CASPA about the issue. I am awaiting their reply. I am also going to email the 11 schools graduate admissions to notify them of the error and that I am working with CASPA. I know it can't be corrected since my application was already verified. But now that I have one interview invite, I was wondering if I should be doing anything additionally to rectify the situation? I'm really nervous schools will see this error as carelessness, and then question my capabilities as a student, and eventual practicing PA. 

I'm really stressing out since realizing this error, any advice would be appreciated!

• By Gratefulguy
      Hi guys, 
      I didn't see a new thread. Hope this helps you guys. Just like in previous years they are moving forward, but it may look a bit different because COVID seems to be slowing down. Here's the email I received on 5/11/2021. I submitted my application on 5/3/2021 and verified on 5/11/2021. 

Thank you for applying to the Radford University Carilion PA program. This email is to let you know that your application is complete, has been marked as "Verified", and we have received your RU supplemental application. Your application will be put in a queue to be reviewed. You may still provide updates to your application through the CASPA website.
      Once applications are reviewed, we will make decisions on whom to interview. Our earliest interview dates will be in September. As we don't yet have exact dates selected for interviews, we will likely make offers for interviews in early July at the soonest.
      We will send out periodic updates to keep you apprised of your status. However, with the necessary changes in how we accomplish our tasks, those updates may not be as frequent as we would like them to be. We are happy to answer any questions that come up, and you are welcome to email me at rhadley1@radford.edu.
      Thank you,
      Bob Hadley
    • By Gilyprepa
      Hey everyone, there are still tickets available for those who are interested in the Loma Linda PA program. We have changed our event from zoom to being ON CAMPUS. There will be prizes raffled off. Due to some restrictions still being in place, the tickets that are being sold will only allow one person per ticket. More info on the flyer and event bright website. Thank you so much! Hope to see you there. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-tickets-145958073527
      prePA conference final draft flyer On CAMPUS.pdf

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More