Clinical Research Assistant

Hi everyone,

Wondering if any of you have any insight into the validity of being a Clinical Research Assistant. I started working at a diabetes research clinic this summer and was offered the chance to continue working there this school year. My question is, should I be looking for something more hands on for HCE later? I know it depends of the school and how you sell your job description. In general I help out with in-clinics that have human subjects. I can do intake, vitals, medial history, lab tests, non-venous boood draws, device insertion/removal, and I work closely with NPs and PAs. It might not be life or death, but I am in a position where I am responsible for looking out for adverse hypo/hyperglycemic reactions and other study-related risks. Any thoughts?

I’m a clinical research coordinator and it’s a great way to get hands-on experience, learn valuable skills like collect med history, etc, and learn a lot about different comorbodities and treatments. I’ve had plenty of interview offers and multiple acceptances so I think you would be fine in this role! Best of luck!

Archived