Complaints on Satisfaction Surveys

In another forum there was a discussion about some of the comments on satisfaction surveys and they were a bit funny and a bit bizarre. So I decided to start a collection. I'm not sure what I might do with them but it would make a funny paper or presentation for the right group. 

To that end I invite you all to submit real comments you have been made aware of that were just.... nonsensical. Thanks in advance.

BTW the conversation started because I had a recent visit within my own system and I gave a perfect number score to the doc I saw but everywhere there was a comment block I wrote "patient satisfaction surveys are destroying health care in this country."

“Every time I go to the clinic I get the same thing.” Uh, the problem is the same, maybe?

“I don’t like when GMOTM asks me questions.” Yep, let’s have no self awareness of our condition which arose since you woke up this morning.

“I was just seen yesterday and now I have a fever! He must’ve missed something and I now have to pay to go see my own doc.”

52 minutes ago, Reality Check 2 said:

One guy wrote on mine that I didn’t address his chief complaint and that made him mad.

I knew who it was — noted blood pressure at visit and how he looked, asked questions and had him admitted for the STEMI he was having in front of me........

Never mind that he lived.

Holy crap....

“The main complaint I had with the visit was that he only gave me the cortisone injection I requested”

The guy literally came in to see if he could get an injection for arthritis pain as it has worked in the past and didn’t want to discuss other options at this point.

literally doing exactly what the patient wanted still got a negative complaint 

I still get the occasional yahoo who says “I only saw the nurse, no doctor”

Deep sigh - female, not a doctor - must be a nurse.....

Not nurse bashing but, good grief, I wear a name tag, introduce myself and sign freaking prescriptions after dealing with 12 chronic problems, health maintenance and order testing. To boot, my license is on the freaking wall.

Next......

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, Reality Check 2 said:

One guy wrote on mine that I didn’t address his chief complaint and that made him mad.

I knew who it was — noted blood pressure at visit and how he looked, asked questions and had him admitted for the STEMI he was having in front of me........

Never mind that he lived.

So he didn't die?  ?

So many ingrates, not enough live ammo/bayonets.

SK

working in corrections I thankfully do not have satisfaction surveys....

I truly believe that have some (minimal value) in that the patients need to be heard

BUT this idea of rating a provider is just stupid when there are studies like the displayed...

Want better ratings, give out ABX and Narcotics.....  period.

I have seen my fair share of doc, NP and PA fall prey to this in the urgent care setting and they are incredibly destructive to the practice of medicine.

If they use a patient satisfaction, they also should use prescribing habits (ie chart review for Viral URI) and the state controlled sub data base to see how we are doing....

Medscape.jpg

I always laugh when someone says "I need/want XYZ because I have this" and then I tell them " There is a reason I'm not allowed to diagnose/treat myself, what makes you think you should be able to?", because 9/10 times, it deflates them.  I also use my patent pending "This isn't a fast food joint where you can come and place an order - if you want to order drugs, see the dealer at the corner of Main and Manitoba and he/she'll set you up.  How this works is you tell me what is wrong, I check you over and prescribe what I think is best for you based on what I see and hear and what I know, not what your boyfriend's sister's cousin's wife's daughter in law's best friend's coffee buddy who's a vet tech thinks you should have".

When I was in primary care, I wasn't at a loss for patients, even when I was called "the antibiotic Nazi".

SK

16 minutes ago, eighthnote24 said:

One complained that she didn't like my hair.

In that area, if your hair isn't at least 2-3 different colors with at least 2-3 feet of height, you're basically the devil.  I apparently failed that test.  

And yes, the idiot administrators made a big frickin deal about it.  On her side, not mine.

Personally & professionally "Suits" disgust me and I would't spit on most of them if they were on fire!!! 

Archived