Wait-listed - good or bad?

I was recently waitlisted at a program as well. It kind of depressing but everyone keep saying at least you weren't flat out rejected. This is my second waitlist and I still have more schools to hear back from and interviews but I can't help but feel like something wrong with me. I have a great gpa, good amount of HCE, good volunteer experience, and shadowed multiple PAs in different specialties. I think at this point maybe my personality might be playing a role and maybe I'm just not a likable person. I make the interviewers laugh and I thought I answered the questions pretty good. I've done mock interviews and have gotten great feedback as well. I'm just going keep praying and hope to God everything works out.

Something I also started doing is making a list after the interview about something that maybe you could have worked on or needed to touch up on more for future interviews.

3 minutes ago, prepa52 said:

I was recently waitlisted at a program as well. It kind of depressing but everyone keep saying at least you weren't flat out rejected. This is my second waitlist and I still have more schools to hear back from and interviews but I can't help but feel like something wrong with me. I have a great gpa, good amount of HCE, good volunteer experience, and shadowed multiple PAs in different specialties. I think at this point maybe my personality might be playing a role and maybe I'm just not a likable person. I make the interviewers laugh and I thought I answered the questions pretty good. I've done mock interviews and have gotten great feedback as well. I'm just going keep praying and hope to God everything works out.

Something I also started doing is making a list after the interview about something that maybe you could have worked on or needed to touch up on more for future interviews.

You were waitlisted after interviewing? I wasn't even interviewed...I was put straight on the waitlist. 

The list thing is a good idea. I have heard of several people doing that and I plan to do the same. I haven't had any interviews yet but I have one coming up. 

1 minute ago, ellynkathryn said:

You were waitlisted after interviewing? I wasn't even interviewed...I was put straight on the waitlist. 

The list thing is a good idea. I have heard of several people doing that and I plan to do the same. I haven't had any interviews yet but I have one coming up. 

Yes, I was waitlisted after the interview. Well, good luck on your upcoming interview. It sucks being waitlist in general and not being able to know where you are on the list.

So you have been put on a wait-list for an interview?  I think some programs with rolling admissions do this?  I am not too sure to comment more, but somebody else probably has more knowledge about it.

As for those who have been wait-listed after an interview - you never know when you might get a call inviting you to join the program.  Happened to me with just 2 weeks before the first day of class!

On 10/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, prepa52 said:

I have never related to someone so much during this process. I have had 6 interviews so far- rejected from one, waitlisted at 3 and still waiting to hear back from 2. It is really discouraging and hard to put on a confident smile during interviews when you feel like you're not good enough after not receiving any acceptances yet. I connect personally, smile, make great eye contact and had a great mock interview, but I feel like I'm still doing something wrong.

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, prepa52 said:

Hey,I just wanted to add that I recently got accepted into a program that I like way more than the schools I got waitlisted at! Don't give up guys and keep praying!!:) It pretty funny cause the interview that I said I wasn't going put so much effort into and show how eager I am as a test trial is where I got the acceptance lol

Archived