Low Gpa Motivation, please help :( 2018-2019

Hey

So lets start an honest post. I am so unmotivated now that CASPA verified my information. I never thought I’d be so low on science gpa for some reason. 

BCP total- 3.12

Cumulative science- 3.11

Cumulative- 3.45

Extracurricular activity- Club- 56 hours

Health Care Experience:

- Doctor assistant , patient representative at a radiology 736 hours 

Leadership- public relations 360 hours 

Patient Care Experience: (6236 hours , breakdown below)

-Volunteer at OBGYN - 750 hours

- Volunteer In India underserved - 216 hours 

- Compensated at a Radiology: Technologist assistant, Radiologist assistant and patient representative - 5720 hours (still in progress)

Shadowing experience:

Radiologist; 128 hours

PA : 120 hours

Volunteer Experience:

-serving food to underserved people and community service - 2010 hours 

teaching experience: 

-tutoring- 1620 hours 

i dont know. I am still so unmotivated. 

Can someone please with a gpa around mine share their stats or advise me what I should do.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't that bad. I would take some upper level sciences (if possible) in the spring and summer of next application cycle. If you don't get in this cycle, you need to apply EARLY (aka submit CASPA no later than June 1). Your app looks extremely strong outside your sGPA, so it'll really come down to the strength of your personal statement and references. I got 10 interview invites with cGPA 3.56, sGPA 3.36, BCP GPA ~ 3.01, and 2600 hours PCE, and I'm convinced it's because my statement/references were super strong AND I submitted the second week of May. Stay motivated!

2 hours ago, nichole96 said:

This isn't that bad. I would take some upper level sciences (if possible) in the spring and summer of next application cycle. If you don't get in this cycle, you need to apply EARLY (aka submit CASPA no later than June 1). Your app looks extremely strong outside your sGPA, so it'll really come down to the strength of your personal statement and references. I got 10 interview invites with cGPA 3.56, sGPA 3.36, BCP GPA ~ 3.01, and 2600 hours PCE, and I'm convinced it's because my statement/references were super strong AND I submitted the second week of May. Stay motivated!

Thats awesome! and yes I most definitely will! Did you get back any acceptances? 

1 hour ago, Soniafuturepa said:

Thats awesome! and yes I most definitely will! Did you get back any acceptances? 

Oh yeah, out of 10 invites I turned down 2, was rejected by 1 post-interview (the interview was 6 minutes long...I'm still salty about how they interviewed me haha), and accepted to the remaining 7. I was also shocked that with a mediocre-low GPA, I was invited to the first interviews for all but one school. Just goes to show that schools aren't just looking for numbers!

On 10/16/2018 at 12:13 AM, nichole96 said:

Oh yeah, out of 10 invites I turned down 2, was rejected by 1 post-interview (the interview was 6 minutes long...I'm still salty about how they interviewed me haha), and accepted to the remaining 7. I was also shocked that with a mediocre-low GPA, I was invited to the first interviews for all but one school. Just goes to show that schools aren't just looking for numbers!

OMG! WHAT! That is so awesome!! Congrats ❤️

On 10/16/2018 at 12:13 AM, nichole96 said:

@nichole96 this is really encouraging to hear. If you don't mind me asking, how many schools did you apply to?

I also applied with a mid to low cGPA and sGPA with a little over 2000 hours PCE. Attended 6 interviews, 2 acceptances, 3 waitlists, and 1 rejection. I got a spot at one of my top choice programs, and am currently declining interviews. 

That being said, do not get discouraged! And an important piece of advice from my perspective, be honest during interviews about your journey, your personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as pros/cons of the profession. 

I also applied with a mid to low cGPA and sGPA with a little over 2000 hours PCE. Attended 6 interviews, 2 acceptances, 3 waitlists, and 1 rejection. I got a spot at one of my top choice programs, and am currently declining interviews. 
That being said, do not get discouraged! And an important piece of advice from my perspective, be honest during interviews about your journey, your personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as pros/cons of the profession. 

If I can ask where did you apply? And thanks for the encouragement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived