Residency Research

I have been lurking through this particular forum reading all the first hand accounts of those that have participated and completed various residencies. There seems to be two very stark sides, with those who have previously completed a residency feeling strongly about their merit, where many find them redundant and unnecessary. I am a first year PA student trying to compile research and first hand accounts of individuals who have been through residencies and their subsequent experiences with: the residency itself, job marketability following your residency, salary negotiations and how the completed residency played a role, and your general feelings towards the particular residency you completed - essentially a mini interview (if willing). 

I am curious to hear from the several different fields that residencies are offered in, as most of what I have read thus far has been focused on emergency med. If you would be willing to chat with me, or want to post your feelings, either or would be great. I am particularly interested in those who have completed residencies 5-10+ years ago and your views on how it aided your career trajectory and development.

Thanks for reading

Archived