How Much $$$ Do You Make? Poll (Pt.2)

How Much $$$ Do You Make? Poll (Pt.2)  

315 members have voted

1. 1. How Much $$$ Do You Make? Poll (Pt.2)

• $80-90k
    • $91-100k
    • $101-110k
    • $111-120k
    • $121-$130k
    • $131-140k
    • $141-150k
    • $151-160k
    • $161-170k
    • $171-180k
    • $181-190k
    • $191-200k
    • > $200k

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2018 at 2:05 PM, davidccs said:

What I did before being done with school was look at the contracts forum. It gave me tremendous guidance on what to expect and what to ask for.

As for my personal situation, I graduated in September, set to start working mid December (forget you paperwork-ridden credentialing process) in a FT job (140hr/month in 10 hr shifts) and a 1099 which counted my paramedic experience. I am hoping that by working 20-24 shifts per month between both job ill clear 200k by this time next year, not counting bennies. I do live in a state with tax, and my wife is an empty so we will probably get shafted when tax season comes around in 2020...

Team Health Hospitalist 152600 first job straight out of school

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m two years out of school (but technically one because I did a residency) I work in peds surgical specialty, in TX. ~160k. I work 40 hrs a week, hardly ever over and when I do I get paid time and a half my hourly rate. I’m mostly in OR but occasional clinic and rounding. Great benefits. Almost 8 weeks paid time off a year. 

How do you find a job like this? Do a residency. When the position opened they had ~50 applicants within 48 hours. I was the only one with the experience they wanted. (I was also a paramedic before school which probably helped).  It’s a cut-throat job market out there now. Good luck to all, but you need more than luck now- you need to set yourself apart with advanced skills to get great jobs. 

• Upvote 3

Last couple years made 230k but now we are seeing oversaturation in the market. I see pay in ER already going down on Northern California, the most expensive part of the country. Every new hire there is another 10 trying to get in. Hopefully, we keep the contract or I am assuming I will be taking a paycut.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 5/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, JDayBFL said:

I’m two years out of school (but technically one because I did a residency) I work in peds surgical specialty, in TX. ~160k. I work 40 hrs a week, hardly ever over and when I do I get paid time and a half my hourly rate. I’m mostly in OR but occasional clinic and rounding. Great benefits. Almost 8 weeks paid time off a year. 

How do you find a job like this? Do a residency. When the position opened they had ~50 applicants within 48 hours. I was the only one with the experience they wanted. (I was also a paramedic before school which probably helped).  It’s a cut-throat job market out there now. Good luck to all, but you need more than luck now- you need to set yourself apart with advanced skills to get great jobs. 

Are you with private practice, health system or a University System ?

Last couple years made 230k but now we are seeing oversaturation in the market. I see pay in ER already going down on Northern California, the most expensive part of the country. Every new hire there is another 10 trying to get in. Hopefully, we keep the contract or I am assuming I will be taking a paycut.

That stinks.. Everything is over saturated in Cali.

When I was an RT, it was more like 300 applicants for one position at an acute care hospital in SoCal. So 1 in 10 ain’t all that bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$230K/yr: wow.  What's the cost of living?  If you don't mind, how many hours/month and what hourly rate?
Cost of living is extremely high. My house is nice and worth $1.5 million but is nothing really to think it's worth it. To be honest if my daughter didn't have special needs, I would move out of state. I make roughly $105 an hr including a stipend being in leadership. I work anywhere from 130-170 hrs a month.

That stinks.. Everything is over saturated in Cali.

When I was an RT, it was more like 300 applicants for one position at an acute care hospital in SoCal. So 1 in 10 ain’t all that bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but considering just a couple years ago it was even hard finding one. Those 9 extra are gonna start adding up every year.