C in Orgo 1

Hi I'm a pre-pa student. I'm in my senior year at the moment and I'm in the midst of doing interviews for PA schools. Out of the 6 programs, only 2 require Orgo 1. I'm taking the course now and trying to balance flying to interviews and preparing for each one. I have a low C in orgo 1 lecture and an A in Lab at the moment. I have a history of one C in bio 2 from sophomore year. I explained thoroughly in my application that I experienced a loss in my family at that time and my mother was going through chemo. I'm extremely nervous to finish this course with a C and submit my transcript to a school after they accept me and they reject me because of doing so bad in the course. I calculated my GPA and if I get a C in lecture my science GPA will go from 3.6 to 3.47.  My question is do you think I should just try and push through and maybe end up with a C or drop the class and get my second W on my transcript and just forget about those two programs? (My first W was bio 2 lab which i retook and got an A). 

3 minutes ago, prepa52 said:

So are you saying that if someone gets accepted with the submission of a pending prerequisite they cant have their acceptance taken away if the grade is a C?

It matters.  You won't get accepted into that school then that requires the Organic chemistry.  Im sure that poster meant another program that doesn't require it.  Also if you need a B or above for a school that requires it, you won't get accepted.

7 minutes ago, Ket131 said:

It matters.  You won't get accepted into that school then that requires the Organic chemistry.  Im sure that poster meant another program that doesn't require it.  Also if you need a B or above for a school that requires it, you won't get accepted.

Those two programs require a C or above and a GPA above a 3.0. So you think If I receive an acceptance and submit a C they wouldn't take away my acceptance because I met the minimal requirement ? 

Just now, prepa52 said:

Those two programs require a C or above and a GPA above a 3.0. So you think If I receive an acceptance and submit a C they wouldn't take away my acceptance because I met the minimal requirement ? 

You would be fine ?  All you need is to meet the requirements.  

Archived