"Surprise Surprise" Test

Okay Folks Im back.... and I have alot to tell... Get ready to miss around 15 to 20 questions out of those 100. Microbiology section believe me when i tell you has nothing to do with Gram staining, Kindom or Family nor knowing the bacterias. Its so ambiguous that is not even funny, due to the nature of this being a competition i can tell you guys exactlly what to study for but dont waste your time with Mirco. I wanted to slam my head against the desk when i saw the stupid questions that were there. They were truthful about the Chest and Abdomen part. Now there are like 5 questions which are way back from Anatomy class and one specific question about Physiology that will leave you crying. Basic Metric conversions they told the truth for about half of those 15 questions then things get very, very complicated to the point you want to strangle whoever made that test. I felt like it was being done on purpose. I mean if they would have told study this and this then i would have understood how to solve the problems but i went knowing how to do what they said was going to be on the test.

Overall i believe the test average this year will be in the 70%. Last year with the much easier test the Average was 85% said by Jimmy Santana. It is my firm believe that its extremely highly unlikely that anyone person will get 100% on the test. Maybe a few will get a 90% and Above. The crew in the 80%-90% will be the folks like me who are second timers and have a good knowledge base on Anatomy,Micro, Med Term etc... and I believe the rest will be in the 70% to 80%.... Your probably saying who is this guy who is making these predictions but you will see once you take the test. Its not as easy as last year it was made hard on purpose.

Let me clarify that the test is not hard because its difficult because most of us are very intelligent just to be being tested, its tough because we were led off track and studied different things that are not really on the test. Anyway good luck to you all and may those who truly deserve to be P.A's attain their goal.

Vane i really wish i could tell you but i cant. There is 6 conversions which are no joke.... Extremely advanced. I got very angry at it becuase just like you said my previous classmates didnt have to go thru this and they are sucessful P.A. students today. Its extremely unfair and unequal considering the previous classes sense 1999 never had any of this crap.

Hi JP,

Thank you for this information. I completely understand that you are unable to provide us with specifics on the exam, but as per the essay, should we be studying "health care current events" or something along those lines? At this point, I've printed out every basic metric conversion scale I can find. But geez, there's massive amounts of information there. And as per Microbiology- I've almost read the entire book! Anxiety levels are through the roof!

Anyhow, if there's further information that you can give us without being so specific- it will be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to all!

Christi

Its no problem at all =) I have seen your past forums and I am 100 % behind everything you say. The first yr I got a 96 and made it all the way to the interview. I thought it went fantastic. I was not accepted. I later spoke to them and asked them what I could have done wrong. Their response was, 'I wasnt expressive enough" Second time around I did not have the time to study and received an 85...This time around they told me "That score was not good enough for the interview." So here I stand, taking the test for the third time. I also have known many people who have graduated from this program. They as well have told me its like winning the lottery when you get in because some people should have not even been accepted. This is being told by pa students themselves. I get angry and frustrated to but I will continue to fight. The only hope I have is that there are two girls who got in last year who one, it had been her 4rth time and the other her 5th time applying. I believe persistency and determination will eventually pay. Feel free to email me at dcovington11@gmail.com When you all took a break from the test, how did others feel about it?

Everybody was very upset because of the medical math... At the end of the day Massimini stood up and said.. "what did you guys think about the test" pretty easy huh? There was such a vast silence that you could hear a pin drop and then eveyone said No... No why? he asked... Well the medical math part..... etc... I was one of the first ones to finish the test but more than 90% of the group stayed until they basically took the test from their hands. I think i only remember seeing 20 people outside the testing room takeing a break. The general consencus is that it felt like a curve ball, all the way from them announcing the new change to the test to the actual test.

I thought the test was overall very easy...even though I was extremely shocked about what they chose as some of the questions and was not at all prepared for that. Sometimes, you can have all the right criteria but you just arent a "fit" for their program which is something they have to decide during the interview. This is a theme I've heard from much of the faculty many times during my application process.

Archived