Example CCM Protocols?

I have been a PA for a vascular surgeon for the past 2 years, but he is moving so I have accepted a night shift position in our hospital's ICU. It's a 48 bed unit without any real distinction between CV ICU, neuro ICU etc., so there is a lot of variety. I will be expected to intubate, put in central and art lines, etc.  I am currently trying to update my protocol and was wondering if there are any generous Critical Care PAs out there willing to share protocols. OR if anyone has any tips/advice on things they wish they had put in their protocol or had to go back and add later. I'm trying to be as broad as possible, but other than treating our vascular patients, I don't have much critical care experience so I don't want to forget anything.

Thank you!

check out emcrit.org site and look for internet book of critical care posts. So far they have covered GI bleed, troponin testing in noncardiac critical illness and DKA. Excellent, concise treatment protocol. Chapters will be added on an ongoing basis. Emcrit.org is an excellent site overall with EM and ICU concentration.

Bill

Archived