amh2021

Gannon University: Ruskin FL

29 minutes ago, Hbryan1 said:

Congrats!! I emailed to RSVP and they didn’t say if I had the am session or not I just hope I get that slot lol. 

They confirmed me for PM after my RSVP! 

Edited by PAtobe33

I applied in August but haven't heard back yet. But I thought they would not send out invitations yet since their deadline is not until 01/15/2019. It looks like they are sending out invitations from what I am reading above. For those who received invitations, did they call or email you?

Edited by padh30

3 hours ago, padh30 said:

I applied in August but haven't heard back yet. But I thought they would not send out invitations yet since their deadline is not until 01/15/2019. It looks like they are sending out invitations from what I am reading above. For those who received invitations, did they call or email you?

Email! Good luck!

On 9/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, amh2021 said:

Yes for October 18th!

Congrats! Let me know how it goes (if you don’t mind)!

• Like 1

Hey all, I'm currently working on my application to this PA program! I came across the Documents section on CASPA and realized that they require you to submit a personal statement. Did you all submit the same personal statement that was  required to submit for all schools, or did you make this personal statement more specific as to why you want to attend Gannon's PA program?

Also, if anyone has a phone number or contact info to the PA program and wouldn't mind sharing it I would greatly appreciate it! I've been having trouble getting in contact with the program. Thanks! ?

21 minutes ago, KK2018 said:

Hey all, I'm currently working on my application to this PA program! I came across the Documents section on CASPA and realized that they require you to submit a personal statement. Did you all submit the same personal statement that was  required to submit for all schools, or did you make this personal statement more specific as to why you want to attend Gannon's PA program?

Also, if anyone has a phone number or contact info to the PA program and wouldn't mind sharing it I would greatly appreciate it! I've been having trouble getting in contact with the program. Thanks! ?

I submitted the same exact personal statement and for patient care hours I just uploaded my timesheets. For PA shadowing I uploaded my letter of rec from the PA I shadowed that specifically said how many hours I did. Their phone number is 8136584902 and if you want info I would email Desiree her email is herter001@gannon.edu. Good luck!! 

3 hours ago, Hbryan1 said:

I submitted the same exact personal statement and for patient care hours I just uploaded my timesheets. For PA shadowing I uploaded my letter of rec from the PA I shadowed that specifically said how many hours I did. Their phone number is 8136584902 and if you want info I would email Desiree her email is herter001@gannon.edu. Good luck!! 

Thank you so much!!! Did you upload only the 30 required hours, or all of your total hours?

9 minutes ago, KK2018 said:

Thank you so much!!! Did you upload only the 30 required hours, or all of your total hours?

Hey! I know Hbryan1 already answered most of your questions, but regarding this question, I personally submitted all of my hours. I just did the PCE, shadowing, and volunteering all in the same template. Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KK2018 said:

I took my tax return from last year and blurred out the SSN so it was an official document.. I did not submit all of my hours in total just a years worth and they still accepted it!

On 10/9/2018 at 12:27 PM, PAtobe33 said:

They confirmed me for PM after my RSVP! 

Did they give you a 30 minute window?? How early are you arriving? I have never interviewed at a program that does not require you to stay the entire length of the interview day. 

3 minutes ago, Hbryan1 said:

Did they give you a 30 minute window?? How early are you arriving? I have never interviewed at a program that does not require you to stay the entire length of the interview day. 

Yes! I was surprised it was only 30 min! Is yours the 8th in the am?

12 minutes ago, PAtobe33 said:

Yes! I was surprised it was only 30 min! Is yours the 8th in the am?

Yes I got the confirmation email for the am session. I am going to arrive 30 min early just incase...

1 hour ago, Hbryan1 said:

Yes I got the confirmation email for the am session. I am going to arrive 30 min early just incase...

Awesome! And good idea. Let me know how it goes!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, futurepackc said:

Did anyone else notice that they require college level spanish?

This is directly from their website http://www.gannon.edu/Academic-Offerings/Health-Professions-and-Sciences/Graduate/Master-of-Physician-Assistant-Science/Admission-Requirements/: Following are prerequisites for the program and must be completed prior to matriculation:

• Major Level Chemistry: 8 credits
  • Major level Anatomy: 3 credits
  • Major level Anatomy Lab: 1 credit
  • Major level Physiology : 3 credits
  • Major level Physiology Lab: 1 credit
  • Major level Genetics: 3 credits
  • Medical Terminology: 3 credits/or demonstrated competency
  • Statistics: 3 credits
  • Intro to Research: 3 credits
  • Psychology: 3 credits

Nothing about Spanish here... I would not have applied if they required Spanish because I definitely did not take Spanish in college lol....

49 minutes ago, Nyla44 said:

For those invited for an interview, did you take the CASPer prior to your invitation?

Yes I took it back in July and just had my scores sent over!

2 hours ago, padh30 said:

I just received a rejection letter from them and was very disappointed, because I was so excited about this program

Do you mind haring your stats?

1 hour ago, Marjan said:

Sorry to hear that,

i was wondering if we can apply without CASPER? 

Oh... no you can apply without it they will just send you an email saying they require you to take it once your application is submitted. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, futurepackc said:

Do you mind haring your stats?

Sure.

Overall GPA: 3.89

Science GPA: 3.42

Patient Care Hours: over 4000 in dental hygiene

CASPer: Taken and submitted

I asked them to provide feedback so I can improve my application for next cycle and they just sent me this general attachment (which is not helpful by any sense) in the email stating that they have received over 500 applications and they can only accept 30 students.