Progress on Title-Change Investigation

Advance "Practice" Providers, so often seen for job postings or Medical release requests, fairly common description for NP and PA.  Really seams so simple to follow what is already being established.  Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Practice Provider and Medical Practitioner, Medical Practice Provider.  Both Advance Practice Providers.  Neither suggest  they are, or compare to physician.  Nurse Practitioners learn Nursing based Practice, Medical Practitioners learn Medical based practice.

• 4 weeks later...

The AAPA finally confirmed their choice for the research firm to conduct the title-change investigation, the results of which are due to be presented in 6 months to the HOD in May 2019. The chosen firm is WPP, "a world-renowned research, branding, and communications company".

Another step in the right direction. If you don't believe the AAPA is finally making progress for PAs, then you just aren't paying attention. Hopefully this convinces PAs to join the AAPA so we can keep this recent momentum going.  

https://www.aapa.org/news-central/2018/10/expert-research-branding-firm-selected-conduct-pa-title-change-investigation/

How about OTP?  We do not need mandated "collaboration" with physicians at a state level.  This should be decided by each practice, clinic or hospital

OTP, if I am not mistaken, will NOT remove collaboration. It just allows the place you work and you to define it. OTP is NOT independent practice and we still have to "collaborate" (hence the 'T' for 'TEAM') and it is done at the state level. Contact your state chapter to see where your state is at on OTP. My state, California (CAPA) recently sent out information that they are on board with it and will be trying to get support from state reps. We'll see.  

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Joelseff said:

OTP, if I am not mistaken, will NOT remove collaboration. It just allows the place you work and you to define it. OTP is NOT independent practice and we still have to "collaborate" (hence the 'T' for 'TEAM') and it is done at the state level. Contact your state chapter to see where your state is at on OTP. My state, California (CAPA) recently sent out information that they are on board with it and will be trying to get support from state reps. We'll see.  

Actually you are wrong. OTP does not call for "collaboration" with physicians. It wants to recognize PA's as a part of healthcare team collborating with all healthacreproviders including pharmacists. Remember how a few months ago, delegates from Texas and Virginia wanted "collaboration with physicians" inserted into the initial proposal, but it was rejected. 

We want any collaboration with any physician decided at a practice level and not be mandated by state legislation.

Actually you are wrong. OTP does not call for "collaboration" with physicians. It wants to recognize PA's as a part of healthcare team collborating with all healthacreproviders including pharmacists. Remember how a few months ago, delegates from Texas and Virginia wanted "collaboration with physicians" inserted into the initial proposal, but it was rejected. 
We want any collaboration with any physician decided at a practice level and not be mandated by state legislation.
I never specified "collaboration with physicians" just pointed out that we are still supposed to collaborate and are in no way "independent." we might be saying the same thing. [emoji848]

• 3 months later...

Does Wisconsin, WAPA, know something we don't?  Part of their CARES Act is "Title change from Physician Assistant to Physician Associate".  Why should one bother to get hopes up for a title that would really make an impression professionally, and spend so much $$$$ nationally if it ends up being such a "PA" (piss ant) little change? 

Archived