Advice

Hey all! Long post ahead. 

I'm looking for some thoughts on my situation, which is unusual. I only applied to one school (I know.) I graduated from the school with my x-ray degree in 2013. They allow current and past students to bypass CASPA and apply directly, so it's kind of hard to give accurate cGPA and sGPA, although I plugged all my grades into Excel and tried to come up with them to the best of my ability. My cGPA is low because when I first started college, I went to community college and didn't apply myself (2 Fs, a D.)  However, my GPA for my associates was 3.77 and my undergrad (not quite complete) was also a 3.77 when I submitted. The community college grades are from 2007-2010. I have nothing below a B on my associates or bachelors. 

cGPA: 3.34

sGPA: 3.47

Last 60

cGPA: 3.73

sGPA: 3.74

Pre-req: 3.71

Also, when I got my A.S., they assigned +/- grades, but didn't include them in their GPA which is weird. So I calculated my GPAs according to the +/- grades. 

So basically for my grades, the school has my CC transcripts with a 2.59 GPA, my A.S. transcripts which say my GPA was 3.77, and my Bachelor's transcripts which is also a 3.77.

Other stats:

Undergrad: Biological Sciences

GRE: 311, 4.5 writing

PCE: 7000 as an x-ray tech.

I'm a slightly older applicant, 29 year old female. 

An x-ray classmate of mine actually just got done with the program. She said she'd be very surprised if I didn't get an interview. But I know they've started scheduling interviews, so I'm starting to worry. I know it was dumb to apply to only one school, but I felt good about my chances. If I don't get in this year I'll reapply more broadly next year.

Thanks for reading!

Looking at your post history and checking out the program you applied to out, it seems that their average cGPA was 3.66 and average sGPA was 3.57. I see no mention of focus on last 60 semester credits after a quick glance at their website... Unless you have spoken with admissions at this program I wouldn't assume that they will take those last 60 GPAs you've calculated into account when evaluating your application. Only certain schools focus on these GPAs. 

Both your cGPA and sGPA are below their averages for sure. Your PCE is strong. It seems like a toss up to me. I wouldn't assume you're a sure thing, but I wouldn't write yourself off until you get a rejection.

1 hour ago, hmtpnw said:

Looking at your post history and checking out the program you applied to out, it seems that their average cGPA was 3.66 and average sGPA was 3.57. I see no mention of focus on last 60 semester credits after a quick glance at their website... Unless you have spoken with admissions at this program I wouldn't assume that they will take those last 60 GPAs you've calculated into account when evaluating your application. Only certain schools focus on these GPAs. 

Both your cGPA and sGPA are below their averages for sure. Your PCE is strong. It seems like a toss up to me. I wouldn't assume you're a sure thing, but I wouldn't write yourself off until you get a rejection.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm definitely trying to stay positive, but it's so hard. The person I know who went through the program said they had a similar situation as mine (low high school and community college grades) but they said the program cares more about Bachelor's and pre-req GPA. Who knows? But I'm definitely second guessing those grades now. I'm hoping they see the trend. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, lmichele said:

Well I got my invite to interview today! (After refreshing my email for the 80th time today.) Now I just have to nail that!

Congrats!!!!

Just remember that they already want you, that’s why they invited you to interview. You just need to reaffirm that decision. 

Archived