The Waiting Game

Hi all! I've applied to 9 programs, all in early June/early July. I have not yet received any rejection letters, and have only interviewed with one program, which wait-listed me.

All of the schools but one have been interviewing for at least a month, and I haven't heard a peep. Basically, I'm nervous. Are there any PAs/PA students out there who were sitting ducks like me for most of the cycle before getting an interview/acceptance? Just looking for some uplifting stories! Thank you ??

Guest thatgirlonabike

I applied to 7 programs between July 20 and August 24th and just got my first interview today.  The rest of the schools either haven't sent anything out yet or have only had one or two days of invites with many more scheduled.  

Waiting game in its own ways very torturous. I remember being there last year. Hang in there. 

For reference, I applied to twice as many schools. My first 6 or so responses were all rejections. ?  Then I think I got my first interview invite around late September till December time frame. 

So, there are plenty of time to hear back from (but I guess that won't help the anxiety level). -.- 

Advice, stop refreshing your emails every few minutes. ?

Good luck. 

I applied to 11 schools the first week of June. I didn’t hear back from a school until last week, be calm these adcoms have tons of work right now between us applying and some of them teaching lectures, etc. remain calm and don’t rush the process! 

Sometimes hearing nothing is better than hearing back sooner! 

I applied to a lot of schools this cycle and I heard back from 4 schools so far. Been refreshing my email every minute, checking this forum, and jumping at every phone call/notification. Let's all try to keep busy with our work, school, volunteer and keep on patiently waiting. Hope everybody can hear back soon with interview invites!

During my application cycle I heard nothing from all 7 of the programs I applied to until October. I had pretty much accepted the fact that I would have to apply again even though I had yet to receive a rejection letter. Ended up getting 3 interviews (attended 2) and 2 acceptances, so just carry on with no expectations and be pleasantly surprised. I was also put on the waitlist for an interview that dragged out for months until I was officially rejected lol.

11 hours ago, Aware said:

During my application cycle I heard nothing from all 7 of the programs I applied to until October. I had pretty much accepted the fact that I would have to apply again even though I had yet to receive a rejection letter. Ended up getting 3 interviews (attended 2) and 2 acceptances, so just carry on with no expectations and be pleasantly surprised. I was also put on the waitlist for an interview that dragged out for months until I was officially rejected lol.

This is exactly the kind of story I was looking for! Thank you for sharing ?

Archived