Applying late in the cycle

Hi everyone,

I submitted my applications later in the cycle (late july/early-mid august). Besides two autorejects from not having a prerequisite completed, I have heard complete radio silence from all of the schools I've applied to. Did I unintentionally screw myself over applying this late? 

3 minutes ago, emmaidk said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted my applications later in the cycle (late july/early-mid august). Besides two autorejects from not having a prerequisite completed, I have heard complete radio silence from all of the schools I've applied to. Did I unintentionally screw myself over applying this late? 

Applying late in the cycle will definitely put you at a disadvantage for programs that start offering interviews early on.

If programs you applied to don’t utilize rolling admissions then submission date shouldn’t but you at any kind of disadvantage. 

The best thing you can do is check out the school specific threads and see if interviews have started going out or are still going out to the programs you’ve applied to. 

It isn't early but you're not insanely late.

For my program there are a good number of fellow classmates who applied late in the cycle and still made it in. 

If you have an superb application, applying later in the cycle isn't going to stop you from getting interviews but it may hurt chances a bit. Either way, invites still go out with some programs even months into the following year. I have a buddy who didn't get an invite until late-March and matriculation was in May. Hang in there.

Archived