10/13/18 Tacoma Interview

2 minutes ago, hmtpnw said:

Seriously. Dying here.

Honestly Sarah I would be shocked if you weren’t offered a seat! I was so impressed when we interviewed together. Keeping you in my thoughts. 

You too missy! My GPA quivers in fear of yours ? Fingers toes and everything in between crossed for both of us!

10 minutes ago, iawai0505 said:

To those accepted, my advice is create a facebook group and a few of us will join and help you guys along the way, as did previous classes for us. Congrats to all those who have been accepted, and to those waiting, dont lose hope! 

Ian Awai

When calls went out last year do you remember if they were dispersed throughout the whole day? Or if calls all went out around the same time?

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, hmtpnw said:

When calls went out last year do you remember if they were dispersed throughout the whole day? Or if calls all went out around the same time?

Thanks! 

Well it looks like they're doing things differently this go around. For me, they made calls Monday evening, and I believe some got them on Tuesday as well. So it is possible they havent finished making calls. 

2 minutes ago, QIUQIU said:

Congratulations to everyone who got the call! I'm very excited for your new adventure!

Waiting to hear back is really really hard,  and it is also hard to staying positive, does anyone know if they will let us know if they are still considering us or not during this week? 

My understanding is that the decisions have been made, it’s just a matter of the calls going out.

58 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Eek. I feel kind of defeated. I really hope they make more calls. It being Wednesday..... I have a feeling I didn't get in this year.... Congrats to all those that got accepted, I am keeps ng my fingers crossed for a call. Anyone think they are still making calls .

I think that if they spread the calls across two days last year it would be reasonable to think calls could be spread across two days this year. Who knows.

I’m hoping to hear back today, but I’m assuming most if not all of the calls went out yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Yeah. I got the feeling of that as well. The waiting is the worst part. 

It really is. Waiting for the phone to ring Monday and Tuesday was too much. I wish they would have just sent emails because they all go out around the same time and you know if you’re rejected. 

Good luck to you. Maybe things aren’t over yet! 

13 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

Got my rejection letter in the mail today. It was wonderful meeting you all! Good luck with all your future applications and hopefully I’ll see you next year! 

You are going to make an amazing PA someday Sarah. Good luck next year!

To those who were offered spots, congratulations! I was so impressed with all of you. 

To those of you who were also rejected, good luck! I hope you get good news from other programs. 

I’m off to North Carolina y’all ??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Can any current students provide insight onto how the Tacoma campus is ran? I.E do they have their own professors, lectures, labs, resources. I know many programs with multiple locations run most things through the main campus and have satellite campuses that often watch records or live lectures on a TV or may need to travel to the main campus for certain activities. I am wonder if UW Tacoma runs like this. 

Edited by jswim

11 minutes ago, jswim said:

Can any current students provide insight onto how the Tacoma campus is ran? I.E do they have their own professors, lectures, labs, resources. I know many programs with multiple locations run most things through the main campus and have satellite campuses that often watch records or live lectures on a TV or may need to travel to the main campus for certain activities. I am wonder if UW Tacoma runs like this. 

Hi there! I'm currently in TC7. We have part time faculty(most still work as PAs) and a couple full time supportive staff. All sites complete 6 weeks of A&P in Seattle during the summer. Fall quarter starts at designated sites with site specific faculty, lectures, labs, and resources. Some guest lecturers travel between sites. Best of luck!

3 hours ago, hellosummer said:

Hi there! I'm currently in TC7. We have part time faculty(most still work as PAs) and a couple full time supportive staff. All sites complete 6 weeks of A&P in Seattle during the summer. Fall quarter starts at designated sites with site specific faculty, lectures, labs, and resources. Some guest lecturers travel between sites. Best of luck!

Great, thank you for this info!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! 

Congrats to all those accepted! I’m so sure you all deserve it and are going to be very successful PA students!. I’m interviewing 12/7 and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some insight on the interview style/ layout of the day / questions that stumped you! 

Thanks in advance 🙂