10/13/18 Tacoma Interview

8 minutes ago, hellosummer said:

Thanks for getting this started. I’m not sure meeting the night before the interview will work for me, but sometime the week before would be awesome. 

Personally I would prefer the week before as well! Ideally Friday night, or anytime the Saturday or Sunday before. 

I live in Portland so can’t make it up to Tacoma during the week!

On 9/13/2018 at 9:47 PM, hmtpnw said:

Personally I would prefer the week before as well! Ideally Friday night, or anytime the Saturday or Sunday before. 

I live in Portland so can’t make it up to Tacoma during the week!

I live in Olympia, so I would like to also meet up early. I look forward to meeting both of you. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! It's great to meet you all. I'm from West Seattle but I put Medex-Tacoma down as my first option. I'm not very familiar with restaurants around there but I've also heard of the Harmon and that it accommodates well for large groups. I'll be staying in a Hotel the night before to avoid frantically driving the morning of, so the night before works for me. I can also do the week before if majority is in favor of that ? 

On 9/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, Claystatue said:

I just looked up the Harmon and it looks like a great place. Perhaps everyone interested could  do dinner around 6ish?

I’ll be coming into town Friday as well and could do dinner around 6.

I’m fine with the Harmon, although their food and beer isn’t my favorite. 7 Seas has great beer and a few different walk up counter service spots inside to grab food, but definitely a little more on the casual/informal side.

1 hour ago, riyas24 said:

I'm ok with 7seas or the Harmon! Let's do 6pm on 10/12 at either one of these places? 

A vote for 7seas. Harmon is meh. And SO loud. 

1 hour ago, Lindsay727 said:

Hi everyone! I am flying in from Hawaii and would love to meet up Friday night. Where are you guys staying? 

There is a holiday inn right next to campus. I would recommend there. You can walk to 7seas and the interview building. 

6 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

There is a holiday inn right next to campus. I would recommend there. You can walk to 7seas and the interview building. 

Meh is the perfect word to describe the Harmon ? 

The only issue with 7 seas is that we wouldn't be able to reserve a table. It really is a large space though so I don't see it being a problem. I have never had trouble finding a place to sit even with larger groups.

I'm staying with family who lives downtown, but I also agree on the Holiday Inn. It's super close and there is lots of parking if you're driving into Tacoma.

1 hour ago, SW2PA said:

1 hour ago, hmtpnw said:

Meh is the perfect word to describe the Harmon ? 

The only issue with 7 seas is that we wouldn't be able to reserve a table. It really is a large space though so I don't see it being a problem. I have never had trouble finding a place to sit even with larger groups.

I'm staying with family who lives downtown, but I also agree on the Holiday Inn. It's super close and there is lots of parking if you're driving into Tacoma.

Thanks guys! Holiday Inn looks perfect and close. I trust wherever you guys choose for our meet up. Can't wait to meet everyone! 

4 hours ago, hellosummer said:

That would be perfect! Let me know what your schedule looks like closer to time. I'm in Oly but happy to meet in Tacoma that day. 

Okay great! I am coming from Portland actually, so even if I can't make it up to Tacoma that weekend I am sure we could meet halfway between fairly easily ? 

• Like 1