PAnce vs Rosh review score

Hello!! 

I am wondering how accurate was your Rosh review score compared to the PANCE score? I have done about 2200 questions (which includes the big 4 plus derm, urology, HEENT, OBGYN, Psych, neurology, endocrine) out of 3000 Rosh review questions. My cunulative score was 72% with an 88% probability of passing. 

However I felt completely devastated after walking out from the PANCE exam yesterday. There were so many questions that I have missed and made numerous silly mistakes!! I am concerned about my performance. Therefore, it will be helpful if you could share how you did in the PANCE compared to your ROSH review performance.

Your responses are highly appreciated. 

10 minutes ago, Cup said:

Hi, I recently passed. 

Packrat: 170 (taken ~1 month  oops week after end of rotations and ~1 month prior to exam)

Rosh: 67% = 603 Projected PANCE Score = 85% probability of passing

PANCE Score: 447 (Minimum Passing Score 350)

If you don’t mind sharing, and I know this number changes depending on the test and overall performance, but how many questions did you get wrong that left you with the calculated score? Thank you!

11 minutes ago, LoloPA said:

If you don’t mind sharing, and I know this number changes depending on the test and overall performance, but how many questions did you get wrong that left you with the calculated score? Thank you!

Are you talking about the PANCE score or Rosh score?

EDIT: 

If you're talking about Rosh, I completed all the topics except POPULATION/RESEARCH/ADMIN and PEDIATRICS; barely touched those. I also re-did my flagged questions for a few topics as well. I can't give you a specific number because I actually reset my Rosh account intending to sell it. Haha.

If you're talking about PANCE, unfortunately, they don't tell you how many questions you get wrong. They just tell you your raw score and give a "% Items Correct"  and your "Decile" for each category,. 

7 minutes ago, Cup said:

Are you talking about the PANCE score or Rosh score?

EDIT: 

If you're talking about Rosh, I completed all the topics except POPULATION/RESEARCH/ADMIN and PEDIATRICS; barely touched those. I also re-did my flagged questions for a few topics as well. I can't give you a specific number because I actually reset my Rosh account intending to sell it. Haha.

If you're talking about PANCE, unfortunately, they don't tell you how many questions you get wrong. They just tell you your raw score and give a "% Items Correct"  and your "Decile" for each category,. 

I see. Well, here’s to waiting and seeing I guess...I’ve been adding up what I know I got wrong and what I THINk I got wrong and that number is moving into the 60’s range. Was hoping to get some insight regarding if people generally answer 50%,60%, etc of the questions right to be consdiered a passing score but it seems it’s hard to determine.

32 minutes ago, LoloPA said:

I see. Well, here’s to waiting and seeing I guess...I’ve been adding up what I know I got wrong and what I THINk I got wrong and that number is moving into the 60’s range. Was hoping to get some insight regarding if people generally answer 50%,60%, etc of the questions right to be consdiered a passing score but it seems it’s hard to determine.

Alright, given there are 300 questions on the exam, I was curious about my actual number of questions correct so I tried to calculate it based my "% Items Correct". They break the exam topics down by ORGAN SYSTEMS (Cardiovascular, Derm, EENT, etc.) or TASKS (Applying Scientific Concepts, Clinical Intervention, Formulating Most Likely Diagnosis, etc.) 

If I calculate my # of questions correct based on the ORGAN SYSTEMS topics, it's 225.3/300 questions correct.

If I calculate my # of questions correct based on TASKS topics, I got 223.68/300 questions correct.

Not sure how accurately that calculation reflects my true # questions correct, but there you go. I attached my PANCE score breakdown  for your and other anxious people's pleasure.  

image.png.6831137975b115bd712d23a70b3ccc14.png

18 minutes ago, Cup said:

Alright, given there are 300 questions on the exam, I was curious about my actual number of questions correct so I tried to calculate it based my "% Items Correct". They break the exam topics down by ORGAN SYSTEMS (Cardiovascular, Derm, EENT, etc.) or TASKS (Applying Scientific Concepts, Clinical Intervention, Formulating Most Likely Diagnosis, etc.) 

If I calculate my # of questions correct based on the ORGAN SYSTEMS topics, it's 225.3/300 questions correct.

If I calculate my # of questions correct based on TASKS topics, I got 223.68/300 questions correct.

Not sure how accurately that calculation reflects my true # questions correct, but there you go. I attached my PANCE score breakdown  for your and other anxious people's pleasure.  

image.png.6831137975b115bd712d23a70b3ccc14.png

This is helpful, thanks so much for sharing. Despite knowing each test is different this allows for something to make sense of. 

1 hour ago, MT2PA said:

Remember that some questions are 'test' questions that don't count that they are trialing for future exams.  It's impossible to try and calculate a number correct.

Makes sense. Though my fear is those throw away questions are ones I answered correctly and messed up on the answers I should have known that were more straight forward. My first mistake was writing down the questions I thought I got wrong and looking up only to confirm the worst! I assume there is a large margin of questions that one can get wrong and still pass, but it’s difficult to really know what that is. Hence, the anxiety each time I realize I missed another question 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived