Genetics

Wow youre taking all those classes online? Doane classes require an extreme amount of time. 

I took genetics at my university and doane biochem over summer and I would have had a very difficult time juggling another science based class class between the two.

Doane biochem alone was 5-6 assignments, 3-5 quizzes, 1 test, and an advanced assignment per week. 

Bless your soul! 

Edited by Prepaguy23

4 hours ago, Prepaguy23 said:

Wow youre taking all those classes online? Doane classes require an extreme amount of time. 

I took genetics at my university and doane biochem over summer and I would have had a very difficult time juggling another science based class class between the two.

Doane biochem alone was 5-6 assignments, 3-5 quizzes, 1 test, and an advanced assignment per week. 

Bless your soul! 

Wow! That’s way different from when I took it. There was only one test and no quizzes. 

Hey Everyone:

I am currently on week 5 of the 8 week Genetics class with Doane University.  The genetics class includes being in a small group, (4 total students) and you have to write a discussion statement about a topic by Wednesday night. Write two peer reviews by Friday night from 2 people out of your group. You also have a weekly project or paper analysis , homework (multiple choice questions) untimed, and a timed quiz due by Sunday night. The homework and quiz are graded right away and only get once chance to do it. The project or paper analysis  and discussion statements are graded by the professor. The professor responds fairly quickly through email. This is my first online course so as assumed it is self-taught. Each week there is 2-3 chapters assigned for the week. Each week material gets released on Monday morning so you can't work ahead of schedule. I put in 1-3 hours daily, probably closer to 90 minutes and have a solid A so far in the class. I highly recommend Doane if you need 1 or 2 prerequisite courses to get completed. It is very convenient for me being online and working when I can. This is my only course I need to complete prerequisite and I am not taking other courses, but I am holding down a full-time job and father of two. 

If anybody has any other specific questions please ask. Def. recommend Doane.

Edited by DMBPA
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, DMBPA said:

Hey Everyone:

I am currently on week 5 of the 8 week Genetics class with Doane University.  The genetics class includes being in a small group, (4 total students) and you have to write a discussion statement about a topic by Wednesday night. Write two peer reviews by Friday night from 2 people out of your group. You also have a weekly project or paper analysis , homework (multiple choice questions) untimed, and a timed quiz due by Sunday night. The homework and quiz are graded right away and only get once chance to do it. The project or paper analysis  and discussion statements are graded by the professor. The professor responds fairly quickly through email. This is my first online course so as assumed it is self-taught. Each week there is 2-3 chapters assigned for the week. Each week material gets released on Monday morning so you can't work ahead of schedule. I put in 1-3 hours daily, probably closer to 90 minutes and have a solid A so far in the class. I highly recommend Doane if you need 1 or 2 prerequisite courses to get completed. It is very convenient for me being online and working when I can. This is my only course I need to complete prerequisite and I am not taking other courses, but I am holding down a full-time job and father of two. 

How do they carry out the final exam?

• 1 year later...
On 9/14/2018 at 12:16 PM, DMBPA said:

Hey Everyone:

I would definitely like more information on the genetics class as I am going to be taking it during spring semester with orgo 1! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 12:16 PM, DMBPA said:

Hey Everyone:

So you think doane was an easy A, just a lot of bulk work?

• 8 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 11:33 PM, dnuggett said:

I would definitely like more information on the genetics class as I am going to be taking it during spring semester with orgo 1! 

How did it go taking both of these classes at the same time? Do you feel like it would be manageable with a full time job?