Hey everyone!

I just posted an article about receiving my first rejection of the cycle and my first interview invitation. You can read the article here. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat right now trying to process similar emotions since we're right in the thick of the cycle.

I am planning to chronicle my experiences throughout the application cycle, so any feedback would be great!

On 9/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, Prepaguy23 said:

Great write up... I myself received my first rejection last week. Praying for some good news in the coming weeks! Good luck on your interview. 

Thank you so much! Stay positive and good luck. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 3:36 PM, Prepaguy23 said:

Great write up... I myself received my first rejection last week. Praying for some good news in the coming weeks! Good luck on your interview. 

Same here. I was really hoping that my first email post the under review one would be an interview invite or at least a continuing consideration. Hopefully we can get some good news to make up for this haha. Best of luck. 

• Like 1

I recieved 4 rejections before finally receiving my first interview. Just got my acceptance phone call earlier today! hmtpnw thanks for all your help, I wish you the best this cycle!

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, Earlthe said:

I recieved 4 rejections before finally receiving my first interview. Just got my acceptance phone call earlier today! hmtpnw thanks for all your help, I wish you the best this cycle!

Congratulations! You just need that one acceptance. 

And thank you! Just received my second interview invite, so things are looking promising ??

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, hmtpnw said:

Hey everyone!

I just posted an article about receiving my first rejection of the cycle and my first interview invitation. You can read the article here. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat right now trying to process similar emotions since we're right in the thick of the cycle.

I am planning to chronicle my experiences throughout the application cycle, so any feedback would be great!

Received 2 rejections thus far but did manage to grab an interview or two (the second isn't confirmed yet but I know work for the medical director for the school so I hope it works out). I have had a lot of anxiety over the past couple of days about this cycle, but your post provided me with some relief. There is community in suffering lol!

I only applied to 2 programs this cycle (I know, but both schools were an exceptionally good fit for me) and just got a rejection last Wednesday. I have an interview with the second program next Saturday so all my eggs are in one basket. I learned so much applying this cycle that I know the areas I need to improve on assuming I don't get an acceptance, and I'll definitely be applying earlier!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By AJRCS
      So I live in Tucson Arizona and my fiancé and I just bought a house from his father. I originally was going to be a Clinical Psychologist but the median salary to PhD/PsyD debt ratio is atrocious. I was speaking with a former mentor and internship director now friend who told me that I would be better suited to being a Physician Assistant and that therapy doesn’t seem to have professional fulfillment (based on my experience as a group cbt facilitator.) He is totally right, I believe that therapy is an immensely helpful tool in treating behavioral health conditions, I just don’t think I should be the one to provide said therapy.
      My point is that Tucson does not have a school with a PA program. The ones in Arizona are all Northern or Central Arizona and I don’t think I could make living in Tucson and commuting work (the nearest school is a appx 6 hour round trip.) So I am not sure what my options are or if I can do this at all especially considering I only have 300 pce as a CNA and one prereq done (Gen Stats and Psych Stats.) I have been doing research and I really like the idea of being a Psych PA. I thought about the Yale Online program but as it stands I don’t think I’d be a competitive applicant and I live too far from Mesa, Glendale or Flagstaff. Would it be possible to do a post bacc to fulfill pre-reqs and boost my 2.9 GPA and get more PCE in order to apply to the Yale Online Program? I feel like banking on one school isn’t a wise idea? 
    • By PAstudentcp2021
      Since social media is such a big part of the newer generations day to day life, I wanted to start a thread for helpful Instagram accounts to follow for our journey to becoming a PA! These range from current PA school applicants, PA students, and PA-Cs. Feel free to add to the list!!!!

Pre-PA Instagram Accounts:
      @ thepathtopa @ thepaplatform @ chasinghealthgoals  @ my.path.to.pa @ renatamarie_pre.pa @ la.petite.pa @ myparesource @ mypabox @ hannah.pa @ j_thefuturepa @ sparkles_and_scalpels_ @ medically.bri @ pa_tientcare @ taylormorgan.pa.s @ caasapa @ pas_kendall  @ jadamarie.pa @ emilyb_pa  
    • By Anakm2
      Hi all, can someone please tell me my chances of being invited to an interview or give me suggestions as to what I should do to improve my application? I would really appreciate any input. I’m applying next cycle (2021-2022) thank you in advance!
      Btw I calculated it the way caspa would using ThePAPlatform gpa calculator. 

cGPA: 3:77
      sGPA: 3.3
      ~1400 hrs as a CNA
      ~200 hrs as a behavior therapist (it was cut short due to COVID and I have to move back home hours away)
      I just got offered a job at the front desk at the chiropractic office I’m getting treated at (I recently got in a car accident and couldn’t get my old job back as a CNA) but this would count as HCE! I could potentially do this from May until late Sept and work ~24hrs/week.
      -Medical mission trip over winter break
      -Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
      - Multiple deans list
      - Chancellor’s award (scholarship) 
      -Tutored children for a semester (~50 hours)
      - Vice President of my pre-pa club, and was an intern for this club before getting accepted to this position. 

- I also plan to rack up more hours once I move back to my university 
      Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More