Interviews and Rejections

Hey everyone!

I just posted an article about receiving my first rejection of the cycle and my first interview invitation. You can read the article here. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat right now trying to process similar emotions since we're right in the thick of the cycle.

I am planning to chronicle my experiences throughout the application cycle, so any feedback would be great!

On 9/9/2018 at 3:36 PM, Prepaguy23 said:

Great write up... I myself received my first rejection last week. Praying for some good news in the coming weeks! Good luck on your interview. 

Same here. I was really hoping that my first email post the under review one would be an interview invite or at least a continuing consideration. Hopefully we can get some good news to make up for this haha. Best of luck. 

On 9/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, Earlthe said:

I recieved 4 rejections before finally receiving my first interview. Just got my acceptance phone call earlier today! hmtpnw thanks for all your help, I wish you the best this cycle!

Congratulations! You just need that one acceptance. 

And thank you! Just received my second interview invite, so things are looking promising ??

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, hmtpnw said:

Hey everyone!

I just posted an article about receiving my first rejection of the cycle and my first interview invitation. You can read the article here. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat right now trying to process similar emotions since we're right in the thick of the cycle.

I am planning to chronicle my experiences throughout the application cycle, so any feedback would be great!

Received 2 rejections thus far but did manage to grab an interview or two (the second isn't confirmed yet but I know work for the medical director for the school so I hope it works out). I have had a lot of anxiety over the past couple of days about this cycle, but your post provided me with some relief. There is community in suffering lol!

I only applied to 2 programs this cycle (I know, but both schools were an exceptionally good fit for me) and just got a rejection last Wednesday. I have an interview with the second program next Saturday so all my eggs are in one basket. I learned so much applying this cycle that I know the areas I need to improve on assuming I don't get an acceptance, and I'll definitely be applying earlier!

Archived