2018-2019 application cycle

Hey guys, the university appealed and were granted probationary status. ARC-PA (the organization in charge of making sure PA programs are up to standard and granting programs accreditation) visited the program in November. We will hear their decision sometime in 2019. However as it stands now, the program is able to take in a class for 2019.  I encourage you to apply if you are at all interested in this program!

• 2 weeks later...

@sondrra Last year I believe roughly 1000 people applied, 200 interviewed, and 19 matriculated. The interview consisted of a group interview (we had to write an essay w/ a given prompt at the end of this interview) and two individual interviews w/ two faculty members involved w/ the PA program. That was last year though. Hopefully, that gives you an idea of what to expect.

Edited by ZMurphy001
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, ZMurphy001 said:

@sondrra Last year I believe roughly 1000 people applied, 200 interviewed, and 19 matriculated. The interview consisted of a group interview (we had to write an essay w/ a given prompt at the end of this interview) and two individual interviews w/ two faculty members involved w/ the PA program. That was last year though. Hopefully, that gives you an idea of what to expect.

Omg only 19?? 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all! 

I'm excited to be interviewing at U Toledo on Monday the 25th 🙂 I'm planning to be in town all of Sunday, and am wondering if any current students would be up for having tea/coffee and talking with me about the program at some point. I appreciate folks considering and letting me know! 

In addition, if other people who will be interviewing that day would be up to get coffee or tea also, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Edited by diala

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 10:47 AM, PAGene said:

I thought they said we weren't going to be notified until after March 20th? 

That’s what they said, but I got the acceptance call on Friday as well. When they called they asked me to give a yes, no, or maybe to the acceptance—so my guess is that whatever spots are opened up by any “no’s” will be offered to other potential students around the 20th. Hopefully you’ll get good news!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...