2018-2019 application cycle

7 minutes ago, danuserd said:

Very sorry to hear that. I didn’t have anything in the mail yesterday, but will be approaching it with caution today. Good luck to you in the future

I got the rejection letter form graduate office directly rather than the pa department.

Thanks though 

Good luck to you. 

Just got my rejection letter.  Stated I hadn't met the prerequisites.  My GPA was not at a 3.2 due to my poor grades when I was 18 and 19 years old.  I had a GPA of 2.4 after my first 2 years of school because I was immature.  Had no kids, no real distractions.  Just immature.  Decide to go back to school and finish my bachelors degree at age 40 with 3 kids.  Worked 45 hours a week and coached my kids teams.  Over the last 2 years I had a GPA of 3.4.  Unfortunately when you combined it with my crap grades from over 20 years ago, it was too low.  Please learn from what is now, my pain.  Take care of business the first time around.  I am being haunted by my past from over 20 years ago.  They are the rules and I am fine with playing within them.  It just hurts to have a dream and a plan to do something like this, but have poor decisions when you were 18 and 19 years old still haunt you 23/24 years later.  So frustrating

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 1:41 PM, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

I was not rejected or invited for interview. I got wait-listed. Anybody knows anyone who was/were wait-listed for an interview at USD and get called? I do not think I will get an invitation. I really like their program, so I might have to apply next year.

Hi! I was also wait listed for an interview and have still not been called. Unless I get called in a few weeks for the Dec. 5 interview date, I also am not expecting to get an invitation.

2 hours ago, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

Future PA who already interviewed at USD, how was it? Stressful? Relaxing? How was the written portion? I am scared of that. Not asking for detail, just in general.

I interviewed this last weekend.  I was stressed and scared before going. However, it was not stressful at all. You have nothing to worry about and the writing portion I thought was easy.  

On 11/20/2018 at 2:04 PM, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

Future PA who already interviewed at USD, how was it? Stressful? Relaxing? How was the written portion? I am scared of that. Not asking for detail, just in general.

I was nervous going into the day, but they made everyone feel super comfortable and relaxed prior to our interviews. In terms of the written portion, as long as you read and understand the article, you'll be fine! Good luck!!!

On 11/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, Han417 said:

I was nervous going into the day, but they made everyone feel super comfortable and relaxed prior to our interviews. In terms of the written portion, as long as you read and understand the article, you'll be fine! Good luck!!!

Would you say understanding overall goal of the research and how they approach to determine that goal is enough to tackle the written portion? I read it twice and I am pretty comfortable with the paper, but I was just wondering how detail I should prepare. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

Would you say understanding overall goal of the research and how they approach to determine that goal is enough to tackle the written portion? I read it twice and I am pretty comfortable with the paper, but I was just wondering how detail I should prepare. Thanks!

Yes, I would just skim it once more right beforehand or the night before, but if you feel comfortable you'll do great! Good luck this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 4:16 PM, mlschaefer said:

Hello all! I accepted a seat at another school and will be giving up my seat at USD.  Hopefully one of you from the waitlist gets a call soon! Good luck to all!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing with us your personal stats (GPA, HCE,...ect)?  Sounds like you were a very competitive applicant and worked really hard! 

On 3/6/2019 at 6:04 PM, nicholet9 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing with us your personal stats (GPA, HCE,...ect)?  Sounds like you were a very competitive applicant and worked really hard! 

Sure! My overall GPA was 3.91 and my science GPA was 3.88.  I was a patient care technician with 3000+ patient care hours in various different health care environments ranging from dermatology to a pain clinic.  I also had 150+ hours of undergraduate research. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived