2018-2019 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, jdebelly said:

Hey all! Congrats to everybody who has been accepted! When you all have received your interview invite, was it a formal email saying you were offered an interview or was it more general saying that you were invited to a graduate visit day? Thanks for your help in advance!! 🙂

I got this email too. It was confusing but I’m assuming they would make it more formal. I’m still waiting to here something about my application. 

53 minutes ago, Franky said:

Has there only been one person accepted so far? seems odd.

I think they gave a few acceptances after the first interview but are waiting until after the second round this weekend to fill the rest of the spots. I *think* they gave a score for the application and then each interview station and will wait to see if people from the second interview group surpass people from the first group with their scores before offering acceptances. I didn’t hear anything back after the interview but I got the impression they would make most of their decisions after the second date and just hope to hear something next week! 

13 minutes ago, meganpierce23 said:

I think they gave a few acceptances after the first interview but are waiting until after the second round this weekend to fill the rest of the spots. I *think* they gave a score for the application and then each interview station and will wait to see if people from the second interview group surpass people from the first group with their scores before offering acceptances. I didn’t hear anything back after the interview but I got the impression they would make most of their decisions after the second date and just hope to hear something next week! 

That makes sense - Good Luck to you!

Hey guys. So I recently have been accepted to a program I really love but it's so expensive so I was going to give Findlay a chance but it's a long drive for me and on a day I have some other stuff going on and I can't decide if I should go to the interview. Realistically my other program is in a nicer area and a city I love whereas I don't know much about Findlay. Can someone tell me about their experience at Findlay? Did you love it? How was the teaching style, facilities, clinical rotations, faculty, city of findlay, campus etc.? Thanks for any info you might have from a previous interview or if you actually attended the school. 

On 11/29/2018 at 4:50 PM, onedayPA7 said:

Hey guys. So I recently have been accepted to a program I really love but it's so expensive so I was going to give Findlay a chance but it's a long drive for me and on a day I have some other stuff going on and I can't decide if I should go to the interview. Realistically my other program is in a nicer area and a city I love whereas I don't know much about Findlay. Can someone tell me about their experience at Findlay? Did you love it? How was the teaching style, facilities, clinical rotations, faculty, city of findlay, campus etc.? Thanks for any info you might have from a previous interview or if you actually attended the school. 

Hey I am a current student in the PA program at Findlay.  I love the city. I live in the downtown area, and it is not the typically downtown you are used to seeing in a busy large city.  It is a cute little town with a ton of shops and restaurants, but it isn't really loud at all.  There is plenty of stores and restaurants to go eat at right down the main road called Tiffin Avenue.  Findlay has the nation's #2 best ice cream place, which makes it even better! (p.s. it's called Dietsch Brothers ice cream if you have time to stop by!) The teaching is so great. All of the professors spend hours in the classroom with us, and they always have availability to meet with them in their office anytime.  Our anatomy professor is probably the best one in the nation, I can honestly say that. I am only in my first year, so I don't have clinical rotation experience yet. The campus is beautiful. We spend our time only in one building for the entire first year. The only time you leave the building for a class is for 7 weeks when you take a sonography course right down the street.  Otherwise, you spend 8 hours a day in the same building with the same people 5 days a week.  I love the small class size, we only have 17 people and it makes it even better because it is more personal.  Hopefully, you decide to come to the interview tomorrow and experience it!  Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 7:59 PM, Pkupke said:

I have not. I interviewed December 1st and have not heard anything back yet. Does anybody know if the class is full already?

Same here. They stated we should all know by the end of December if we’ve been either accepted, waitlisted, or denied. I suppose they’re behind on their decisions. But, hey, maybe that’s good news! 

Got an email on 01/07 that I am on the waitlist. When I called I was told that I was in the top 10 and given my ranking. Apparently, they will only tell applicants where they are on the waitlist if they are one of the top 10.  When I called I was told there are 2 spots still open. Best of luck to everyone!! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived