Westfield State University Massachusetts

14 hours ago, trumanin1 said:

Hello Dana, 

I have applied long back, I am still waiting to hear from them, did you contact anyone at the program ?

Hey crcrown  did you contact the program ? 

Only about shadowing I was doing and was told it would be passed on to the admissions committee. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By savpeaches
      Hi everyone! This is my first post so be forgiving if I don't have proper forum etiquette lol. So I am extremely nervous to apply this cycle, 2021-2022, because I feel as though my application is not going to be that strong. Here's what I have (keep in mind that I am a junior in college, so I have some more classes to take):
      cGPA: 3.27
      sGPA: right now I have a 3.1, but after this semester I am thinking that it will be around a 3.3
      HCEs: over 2,000 as a CNA
      I haven't asked for LORs yet, but I am sure that those I ask will highly recommend me (crossing my fingers!).
      I don't have as many volunteer hours as I would like, around 50, but I am currently working on them. 
      I am also involved on campus as an Orientation Leader, I am the President of Nature Club, the treasurer of a History club, and I am also apart of many other clubs, I am just not holding any positions in them. I don't know if this is relevant or not but I also take juijistu classes off campus. 
      I did have some mishaps happen throughout college, I earned a C- in human A&P, and I had to retake biochemistry. I'm not sure if I should retake human A&P to raise my grade and GPA or let it go. I am going to apply this cycle to programs that do not have a minimum letter grade, but I am honestly so worried that these schools won't even look at my application because of my GPA and my A&P grade. 
      Any and all recommendations are welcome, thank you!
    • By pbluver97
      Hello everyone,
      I graduate in May with my BS in Health Sciences.
      My cGPA is a 3.70
      My sGPA is a 3.65
      I have about 1,050 PCE hours. About 700 are as a physical therapy aide, and about 350 as a dermatology medical assistant.
      I have 250 HCE hours as a dietary aide in a hospital
      150 volunteer hours as a nutrition aide, 30 volunteer hours as a patient transporter
      I take the GRE at the end of May
      LORs: Dermatologist I work for, Chem 2 professor, Ochem professor
      Shadowing: 19 hours- Vascular surgery PA (6) Family Medicine (13)
    • By patelp
      I would love to get some guidance of previous or current Canadians applying to PA schools in USA. 
      Thank you! 🙂
    • By TannerH
      I am having a great deal of anxiety and stress regarding applying to schools this coming month. As I am sure a ton of Pre-PA students are, I am finding myself wondering if I am "good enough" or have done enough to stand out to PA programs. I have tried to make myself a well rounded candidate and any recommendations on how to improve would be greatly appreciated! My stats and details are below. 
      Undergraduate degree: Kinesiology and Health Promotion 
      Undergraduate GPA 3.6
      Science GPA: 3.6
      Undergraduate Classes:
      A&P I & II w/ Lab
      General Chem I & II w/ lab
      Organic Chem I w/ lab
      General Biology I w/ lab
      Cell Biology  
      Microbiology w/ lab 
      General psych and Sociology 
      Medical Terminology 
      Statistics 
      Other Classes: 
      Gross Anatomy 
      Biomechanics 
      Exercise Physiology 
      GRE: 298 & 3.5
      Experience: ED Scribe 2,000 hrs
      ED technician: 100 hours (just started)
      PT Aide: 500 hours 
      Shadowing: 75 hours ED PA's 
      50 Hours Orthopedic PA & Surgeon in clinic and OR
      Volunteer hours: 55 
      Collegiate Involvement: College baseball student athlete and team captain
      Kinesiology Club treasurer  

• By KH21444
      Hello!
      I'm currently in my undergrad program taking my prerequisites for PA school. I plan on graduating in the Spring of 2023 and applying for PA school that same year.
      As I begin my PA school research, I keep having self-doubts on my ability to learn the content in PA school, which questions my ability to "make it" as a PA.
      While I am doing well in my undergrad/prerequisite courses, I fear I am not genuinely learning the information - just merely memorizing and doing well on exams. My question is: Will I/How badly will I struggle in PA school if I don't remember/didn't efficiently learn the coursework from prerequisites like Biology/A&P/Chemistry?
      I do not fear applying for PA school/getting accepted (aware that it may not happen the first time I apply), but my current GPA is 3.8 and I've been working full-time as a medical assistant for 3 years (plenty of PCE, HCE & shadowing). However, I fear getting into PA school and having the feeling of "what did I get myself into". I've had PAs that I work for all tell me that I can do it, but I keep having this lingering self-doubt that my ADHD brain and I will not be able to grasps concepts like others will due to my lack of deep understanding during prerequisites (and just having recently been diagnosed with ADHD & still learning what medication works best for me).
      Is this feeling normal?
      Thank you to whoever can give me some honest insight!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More