HPSP AND HSCP SCHOLARSHIP

Hello! I have reached out to a medical recruiter to start the process of applying to these two scholarships. I am hoping to get accepted into a program that starts this January and I will graduate in December 2020. The recruiter has expressed concern because they are looking for 2021 graduates. He is asking to see if they will allow me to apply if I attend this program but it has been a while since I heard back and have reached out. Does anyone that has experience applying to these scholarships think this will be a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I understand your question.If you want to apply for HSCP/HPSP this coming fiscal year (FY 19, starting Oct. 1 2018), then make that apparent to the recruiter. There are X amount of slots available for HSCP/HPSP every fiscal year, as long as there are slots available, the recruiter will work with you. When I applied in FY17, there were 14 HSCP slots and 0-1 HPSP.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:12 AM, vb315 said:

I'm not sure if I understand your question.If you want to apply for HSCP/HPSP this coming fiscal year (FY 19, starting Oct. 1 2018), then make that apparent to the recruiter. There are X amount of slots available for HSCP/HPSP every fiscal year, as long as there are slots available, the recruiter will work with you. When I applied in FY17, there were 14 HSCP slots and 0-1 HPSP.

(Under new name bc forum keeps kicking me out) 

I am planning on applying for this fiscal year and the recruiter is aware of that. He did mention that there could be a problem bc my program would start this January making me class of 2020. He stated that this fiscal year they are looking for 2021 graduates. I was just wondering if anyone here can attest to that

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 8:11 PM, moleashish said:

My recruiter had mentioned that they are looking for more nursing students for the upcoming fiscal year. He kind of hinted that they are trying to get the nursing students than any other field. May be that is the reason. I am not sure though. 

On 9/16/2018 at 8:29 PM, vb315 said:

I''m not too sure if that's the case, but it makes sense. Most students start in August (with some in January, like I did and you may), so it makes sense that they would graduate in Spring 2021. Maybe you can have them work with you since you'll be graduating in December.

Just heard back from my recruiter that they are looking for class of 2020 and class of 2021 students now! So that is great news. Will I still have a chance if my application gets sent in the beginning of November? 

10 hours ago, ECB1994 said:

Just heard back from my recruiter that they are looking for class of 2020 and class of 2021 students now! So that is great news. Will I still have a chance if my application gets sent in the beginning of November? 

I'd say you'd still have a chance, especially since the new FY started Oct. 1. I submitted my package in Jan of 2017 (when I started in July 2016) and was still ultimately selected. During the FY I applied, I think there were 17 slots for HSCP across all disciplines. Talk with the recruiter and see if you can find out the number of slots, that may help you gauge your chances.

• 4 weeks later...