Gastroenterology consulting service New grad

Hello!

I am a new grad PA and I start a job in a month for a GI consulting service. I will spend 3 weeks of the month in the hospital doing consults, rounding, dictating notes and 1 week in clinic. I did a rotation in GI during school, but it was all outpatient Hepatology with a day a week in a general GI clinic. So I don't feel super prepared to go to the consulting service right now.

Can any GI PAs recommend any books/resources that you found helpful for hospital work? It would be greatly appreciated!! I found a book online called: Textbook of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2nd Edition--- It is quite pricy-- 250$.... But it if it useful I will buy it.

Please any advice is appreciated!! 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Does this hospital grant you access to UpToDate online?  If so that is a great resource.  Read about angiodysplasia of the GI tract, spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, hepatorenal syndrome, peptic ulcer disease.  Just start plugging in the topics pertinent to your day to day rounds and consults. 

HTH

Mad

Archived